Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 - ALARM vs TIMER buttons

My issue is one of usability. I use both the TIMER and the ALARM functions on my iPhone 8+. Why does the orange button in one app (Timer) STOP the alert but in the other app (Alarm) SNOOZE the alert? It would be better if the button did the same thing in both apps, whether it be STOPPING the alert or REPEATING (SNOOZING) the alert! I feel like this wasn't tested well.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 12:32 PM

Timer *does* have a repeat in iOS 11. It's at the bottom of the alert screen. My issue is that it's in the same position as the "stop" button is on the identical-in-appearance Alarm alert screen. So if you are thinking "stop" the chime going off, and hit the button that you've trained yourself to use to quell an Alarm... you instead set the Timer to ...repeat.

My point is this: STOPPING the function in either app should be a button press in the same position. Not stopping it in one app and resetting it in the other.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2017 12:32 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Timer *does* have a repeat in iOS 11. It's at the bottom of the alert screen. My issue is that it's in the same position as the "stop" button is on the identical-in-appearance Alarm alert screen. So if you are thinking "stop" the chime going off, and hit the button that you've trained yourself to use to quell an Alarm... you instead set the Timer to ...repeat.

My point is this: STOPPING the function in either app should be a button press in the same position. Not stopping it in one app and resetting it in the other.

Oct 4, 2017 8:53 AM in response to Chionanthus

Submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

I suspect the reason is that the Timer is not set up to do repeats so, having a button that said repeat wouldn't do anything. If you need a timer that has that function, I suggest giving Apple feedback about that and then, in the meanwhile, looking for a third party timer that does what you need.

iOS 11 - ALARM vs TIMER buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.