Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to layer photos on iPhone

None of the apps I have (Photos, Image Tricks, etc) seem to be able to do this.

I have a photo of two cars. I have created a zoom-in of the licence plate of one of the cars, and that is the second image, which I want to paste (overlay) onto the original.

This seems pretty straightforward. I want to create a JPEG as output.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 4:49 PM

To combine two photos into one you need software that supports compositing - Photoshop (Elements), Pixelmator, Affinity, Graphic Converter, Preview, to name just a few.

Photos cannot do this. It is meant to enhance photos by enhancing the colors or the sharpness, straightening the horizon, cropping the photo. But it does not support graphics compositing, only in a limited way with the mark up extension.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2017 4:49 PM in response to tahm77

To combine two photos into one you need software that supports compositing - Photoshop (Elements), Pixelmator, Affinity, Graphic Converter, Preview, to name just a few.

Photos cannot do this. It is meant to enhance photos by enhancing the colors or the sharpness, straightening the horizon, cropping the photo. But it does not support graphics compositing, only in a limited way with the mark up extension.

How to layer photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.