Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange server does not work on iOs 11.0.2

Hi guys.

I have recently upgraded to iOs 11.0.2 and i cannot set up an exchange account for my business email. I get a message saying that Microsoft should verify my email first. Either by configuring manually or signing in, exchange could not verify my account. Accordingly, i cannot sync my calendar. Please get an update asap!!!

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 8:09 AM

Just to add to this, I got the problem resolved for the user reporting the problem at my company.

Exchange 2010 has a hard limit of 10 ActiveSync partnerships. If you attempt to add more, they won't work. This isn't a problem for most, but for people with multiple devices and people who frequently upgrade / replace their devices, this is an issue, as it proved to be in this case.

Deleting an account from a device does NOT delete the partnership on the Exchange Server. The Exchange Administrator needs to go to your account on the server under Manage Mobile Phone and remove the partnership for any device(s) you're no longer using. Note that the Outlook app counts as a separate device, so if you were to set up both mail.app and Outlook.app, that counts as 2 partnerships, even though they are on the same device.

Hopefully, this will help point someone in the right direction.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2017 8:09 AM in response to fotiosfromnottingham

Just to add to this, I got the problem resolved for the user reporting the problem at my company.

Exchange 2010 has a hard limit of 10 ActiveSync partnerships. If you attempt to add more, they won't work. This isn't a problem for most, but for people with multiple devices and people who frequently upgrade / replace their devices, this is an issue, as it proved to be in this case.

Deleting an account from a device does NOT delete the partnership on the Exchange Server. The Exchange Administrator needs to go to your account on the server under Manage Mobile Phone and remove the partnership for any device(s) you're no longer using. Note that the Outlook app counts as a separate device, so if you were to set up both mail.app and Outlook.app, that counts as 2 partnerships, even though they are on the same device.

Hopefully, this will help point someone in the right direction.

Oct 4, 2017 1:44 PM in response to fotiosfromnottingham

I agree with KiltedTim that this is most likely an issue that needs to be resolved through your help desk. If you also see my reply below, the problem that existed between Exchange and iOS 11 was fixed in the 11.0.1 update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you decide to backup using iCloud, just be aware that you only get 5GB free. Beyond that you will need to upgrade to a larger iCloud plan.

Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

Oct 11, 2017 1:41 PM in response to fotiosfromnottingham

I was able to fix this problem by doing the following steps:

Unable to Verify Information: Before You Try Anything, Try This

Delete your Exchange account and add it back again

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Tap Exchange Account > Delete Account
  2. Next, reset your wireless network. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  3. Restart your device by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears and slide the slider. Then turn your device on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears
  4. Enter WiFi credentials and passwords again if requested
  5. Add your Exchange Account again, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account
    • If you see a prompt that asks “Cancel, Trust or Continue,” select TRUST

Above info obtained from: https://appletoolbox.com/2013/05/exchange-account-unable-to-verify-information-f ix/

Oct 11, 2017 5:54 AM in response to fotiosfromnottingham

Hey guys,

We are having the same issue. It works using the Outlook app, but no matter what we use within the "add account" settings, we keep getting the error unable to verify settings. But it works on iOS 10.2, I can login to the account with no issues. But on 11.0.2, it will not verify even though I am using the same email address and password. Any suggestions because using the outlook app, I can sync the notes from notepad?

Oct 11, 2017 8:19 AM in response to fotiosfromnottingham

Hi guys!!!

Actually, I have resolved the issue by performing a hard reset to my iPhone. To be honest, i don't know why my mobile couldn't set up an exchange account besides the fact that iOs 11.0.2 (and previous versions) have resolved that issue. How knows??? For the moment, it works fine, yet i had to set up my iPhone from scratch.

Exchange server does not work on iOs 11.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.