Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

artwork not transferring on my ipod classic - any ideas?

Album artwork is showing in iTunes but not on ipod classic - any idea what I can do?

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 1:39 PM

12 replies

Oct 12, 2017 4:00 PM in response to a.daedalus

I should be more specific. On my iPod Nano, all the artwork on all the songs transferred before I updated to iTunes 12.7 is still present. It is only the songs I've transferred from iTunes 12.7 to my iPod which now lack artwork. I've deleted the songs from the iPod and iTunes, re-tagged them and added new artwork to them, transferred them again to the iPod via iTunes and the problem remains. I'm going to install an earlier version and see if this fixes the issue.

Jan 6, 2018 7:08 AM in response to Neil Hayden

Figured I’d Resurrect this thread as I’m having this problem also and can’t find a solution anywhere. I’m using the most current iTunes 12.7.2.58 and a 7th generation iPod classic

Album artwork is transferring into my iPhone 7 with no issues but every time I add music to the iPod classic it does not transfer the artwork.

Is Apple no longer supporting the iPod classic? I understand that it’s an old device but it still works and is my favorite option for listening to music

Hoping that someone is watching these threads

Jan 10, 2018 4:13 AM in response to turingtest2

So I'm going to restore the ipod tonight, hoping that solves the issue for me. I have one question though and am dreading the answer a bit.

On our laptop my wife and I both have our music, I use "manually manage music" for my ipod because I don't want some of her stuff on there. I assume when i restore my ipod I'll have to add all the music back in again, there is no way to create a backup like on an iphone that I'm aware of. I also know that most people agree that syncing it is better as it lets the ipod and itunes library communicate.

I suppose i'd have to create a playlist of all the songs i want on the ipod and sync just that playlist if I wanted to use the sync option?

No matter what when I restore it I'm going to have to manually add the music back on one artist/album at a time (be it adding to a playlist or adding directly to the ipod right?

Jan 10, 2018 5:02 AM in response to tfljon

Syncing with selected playlists makes life much easier when it comes to restoring a device. I don't think you answered the Windows/Mac question, but if it is Windows I have a script called ImportDevicePlaylists that would let you capture the existing content of the device into a playlist which you could then rename and edit. There is also one called EmbedFolderArt you might find useful.

tt2

Jan 11, 2018 5:33 AM in response to turingtest2

So, i restored my ipod and set up a playlist of 204 songs to sync to to test whether the art work was transferrig

After the restore it appears to be working perfectly!

So I read the article on breaking up large transfers, my understanding of how the sync process works is that it won't have to "re add" songs that are already synced and on the ipod, itunes just sees they are there and goes to the next item to sync, is this accurate?

My plan is to slowly add about 500ish songs to that same playlist then resync it each time i add them, this will break up the transfer some and should keep the syncs at a manageable limit, does this seem like a good method?

the smart playlist option won't work for me as i don't want my entire library music on the ipod

Jan 11, 2018 6:04 AM in response to tfljon

Manually growing an existing list works fine too. Anything already on the device doesn't need copying again. The smart playlist method assumes you already have a list of things you want to sync and need a way to control how much is synced in each pass. The aim is to get on all that you want to get on, rather than your entire library, although that is probably how I have phrased it. (Not quite, but I've made a little edit for clarity.)

tt2

artwork not transferring on my ipod classic - any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.