Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.0.2 issues.

I have an iPhone 8 Plus, Space Gray, 64 GB. I upgraded to iOS 11.0.2 and soon after noticed that my brightness was not automatically adjusting to my lighting conditions.

I did some poking around the settings and found that I no longer have the TrueTone toggle under Settings->Display &Brightness.

User uploaded file

Also not present in the control center:

User uploaded file

I also do not have the auto-brightness toggle under Settings->General->Accessibility->Display Accommodations (although I do see the tool tip text for auto-brightness).

User uploaded file

It's like the auto-brightness and TrueTone features are not present on my device any more.

I spoke with Apple support and the issue persists even after a clean iOS install from iTunes. It's been escalated to engineering and I am waiting on feedback.

I haven't tried downloading and installing 11.0 or 11.0.1 yet. I may try that when I have time.

Also, my "Hey Siri" functionality is not working. Regardless of whether or not the screen is on or off.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 2:19 PM

15 replies

Oct 4, 2017 9:40 PM in response to casjwill

Looks like I'm stuck with iOS 11.0.2. Apple stopped signing iOS 11.0 so I can't downgrade.

After multiple restores and troubleshooting steps, I was not able to get TrueTone, auto-brightness, or "Hey Siri" functionality to work.

Still waiting on engineering to respond which could take 2-4 days according to the tech I spoke with.

Still no one else with this issue?

Oct 8, 2017 9:18 AM in response to casjwill

I have iPhone 6+, I have completely same issues after 11.0.2.

I initiated my phone and downgraded to 11.0.1. Auto-Brightness was worked at 11.0.0. but I cannot back to 11.0, Apple stopped signing.

In case of Siri, you might work if you speak very loudly at the bottom of phone.(almost it is same as don't work).

I think it's problems of 11.0.2. Apple should re-open 10.3.3 signing.

iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.0.2 issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.