Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to iOS 11.0.2 why is my iPhone 6 Plus running slow?

My phone was running so slow and lagged after updating to iOS 11.0 so I googled why it was doing that and went to see what my latest version was and saw there was another’s update available with fixes to the iPhone 8. However, I still updated my 6 plus and it is still so slow. Even typing and trying to pull up anything in my phone using WiFi and even LTE/ 4G. Please help!

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 4:21 AM

I also have similar issues. Phone is slow. tried

• reset
  • restore as new
  • erased all network settings

Also I am facing weak signal problem. Tried following

1. contacted carrier- no problems , other devices are working fine for the same carrier
  2. tried different sim , same issue
  3. Tried apple support- they have no idea why this is happening. I am stuck!!!

Don't know what to do. everything else was working fine before iOS 11.0.2 update.

49 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2017 4:21 AM in response to Chelbell65020

I also have similar issues. Phone is slow. tried

• reset
  • restore as new
  • erased all network settings

Also I am facing weak signal problem. Tried following

1. contacted carrier- no problems , other devices are working fine for the same carrier
  2. tried different sim , same issue
  3. Tried apple support- they have no idea why this is happening. I am stuck!!!

Don't know what to do. everything else was working fine before iOS 11.0.2 update.

Dec 15, 2017 12:42 PM in response to Chelbell65020

All of you here should be constantly posting multiple feedback to Apple’s iPhone feedback pages and voice all of your iPhone 6/6S issues and problems there.

I do not know why we have a growing minority of IPhone 6/6S users having serious performance issues under iOS 11.

This is not a world-wide, user-wide IPhone 6/6S problem with iOS 11.

Apple designers and engineers do not read nor participate in these Apple technical support communities.

These are user to user Apple product support communities.

We are all users here, just like you!

Apple supplies these forums for users to work out their product issues with other users, but these community forums ARE monitored/moderated by Apple Staff assigned to these community forums, but I do not think any info is ever passed on to who/mever the cognizant parties are who would need to know if there are any mounting issues with a product or software.

The only way to get Apple to listen to you is to use their feedback portion of their website.

iPhone Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper, responsible Apple teams and personnel , but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

Also, have all or many of you loaded up your iPhone 6/6S with lots of apps and photos?

Do any of you run your iPhones with scads and scads of Background running apps?

If you have more than 20-30+ apps running in the Background, try quitting apps to reduce the amount of Background running apps.

In Settings app, General has anyone tried turning OFF Background App Refresh?

Scads and scads of active website tabs in the web browser?

Reduce the amount of active web site browser tabs.

How much free data storage space is left on all your iPhones?

At a minimum, everyone should be maintaining a minimum of 3-4 GBs of free data storage space.

IPhone 6 models only have 1 GB of RAM.

IPhone 6S models have 2 GBs of RAM.

With the IPhone 6, users do not have a lot of RAM resources to have lots of stuff running in the Background and/or having scads of tabs open and active in a web browser can cause issues, too!

Also, found these videos on iPhone 6/6S showing the iPhone 6/6S running iOS 11.2 and iOS 11.2.1.

These two iPhone 6 look to be running pretty well on iOS 11.2 and 11.2.1

iPhone 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IV24uzzmxY&t=425s

IPhone 6S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IV24uzzmxY&t=425s

Good Luck to All of You!

Oct 6, 2017 5:35 AM in response to W6453

You cannot go back.

However, you could check your phone on a different wifi network to rule out a router firmware issue.

The one thing that might help is doing a restore via iTunes since the hard reset has not solved the problem.

If you have another device, it would be useful to run a speed check on it to see if the router is performing properly.

Oct 6, 2017 6:35 AM in response to madra31

I’ve been on multiple networks. All the same. Slow reaction and response to clicks. Sorry to hear I can’t go backwards. I’ll try the iTunes thing.

One other item...I will be in portrait position when display goes dark as desired. When I wake it up the screen is in landscape position. This is a hassle as getting it reset is again slow.

Hope this helps.

Oct 10, 2017 1:30 PM in response to Chelbell65020

Yeah, my company has hundreds of iphones, and after the upgrade, it just kills the 6's. I've upgraded fresh factory phones, and it's just what this new release does. They're a dog, forget running anything graphics/processing intensive, it just stutters and struggles like never before. It seems the new IOS is optimized for the newer processors and multitasking. Welcome to the real world, the magic is just not powerful enough for the old hardware to just work. Thanx Apple.

Oct 11, 2017 2:59 PM in response to Chelbell65020

So, update: the released a new update 11.0.3 .......... so I updated. First off, it wouldn’t let me u locked my phone for 5 minutes. My fingers weren’t being detected or something... (I’ve never had to get my phone repaired and this phone is straight from the AT&T store.) so when I finally was able to get into my phone, the top of my screen looked like static lines... like when your tv used to not get a channel. It has done this a lot since updating an hour ago. So annoyed. Although, my phone does seem to be back to normal speed without lagging. That’s a plus but this static thing is extremely aggravating.

Oct 15, 2017 9:48 PM in response to Sarzzzzz

I am right there with you!!! Why are we not getting any answers on how to fix? My IPhone 6 is beyond slow, slower than slow. When you take a picture or screen shot; there is literally at least a 3 second delay before the picture snaps.

I’ve never written in here before (I’ve only found answers); therefore I have no idea what to do’ I also want to throw this thing at the wall.

Maybe it’s Apple’s intention to annoy us enough, hoping we will go buy a new phone!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 15, 2017 9:52 PM in response to D.Legado

I agree. That’s another problem, besides the slowness; the battery is draining so fast, I too have to keep my phone plugged in. I have told anyone that hasn’t updated to not do so at this time. This is The worst upgrade ever. I even looked up how to reverse if there is anyway to do that, couldn’t find anything. I’m completely disgusted.

Oct 15, 2017 9:59 PM in response to diodes123

That does not work! That was the first thing I tried. I also tried any recommends made by others with respect to the battery draining so fast! You have to keep your phone plugged in all day! And I too, have nothing open and was barely working on my phone. My iPhone 6 worked fine prior to the 11.0 updates.

Oct 16, 2017 4:54 AM in response to Chelbell65020

It seems that Apple needs to give us a way to back track to iOS10. It isn't right for them to offer an update to a phone that can't handle the software and not offer a fix. It's like back in the 60's with built-in obsolescence. Make things fall apart so you have to buy the new model. Not a good way to keep customers.

It almost makes me want to buy a phone from the thieves at Samsung!

Oct 16, 2017 7:32 AM in response to W6453

W6453 wrote:

I wish we would get a response from Apple...more so a fix. The silence is irritating. As others, I have never used this site before. I was looking for solutions. I have tried every suggestion and none provide relief. This is ridiculous.

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple's participation here is minimal, mostly keeping order. If you want to speak to Customer Support, you can use the link at the upper right of every page of these forums.

Oct 16, 2017 8:32 AM in response to Chelbell65020

Went to the att store.... the guy pretty much said this is common with the 6plus because a thing behind the screen isn’t connected right because it’s the first big phone... so it’s faulty and no recall. And the older phone says don’t do well with the newer updates. A way to get you to get the newest phone. 😤 anyway, I guess I either have to get my screen fixed for $125 or pay this phone off and get me a newer one. Good luck to you all.

After updating to iOS 11.0.2 why is my iPhone 6 Plus running slow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.