Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing signatures in Mail

Hi,

It blows my mind that I can find people looking for solution to this dating back to 2012. That's at least 5 MacOS releases and the bug still hasn't been fixed. If there are people from Apple reading these messages - can you explain why this still persists after users have been reporting it for FIVE YEARS?

So, as the title suggests - I'm using High Sierra, changed a job, tried adding new signature in mail... no can do. It will disappear as soon as I restart mail. It's not the icloud account that's affected so I don't think the solution that's been suggested on the forums here will work. I spent 20 min reading responses and I'm yet to find a fix. Has anyone found a definitive solution to Apple's sloppy job?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 4, 2017 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2018 9:43 AM

Amazingly, Apple has really botched this one up big time!! Your signatures will now ONLY SHOW UP IN MAIL if you save them to the cloud via iCloud Drive. So the way to fix this ridiculous & truly annoying problem is this:

1. Quit out of Apple Mail on your Mac.

2. Go into your System Preferences.

3. Go into the iCloud system preference.

4. Enable iCloud Drive by putting the checkmark next to it.

5. Click on "Options..." next to iCloud Drive.

6. Scroll down until you see "Mail".

7. Enable Mail by putting a checkmark next to it.

8. Click Done.

9. Close your System Preferences.

10. Relaunch Apple Mail.

Apple is truly annoying.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2018 9:43 AM in response to mekanik_sg

Amazingly, Apple has really botched this one up big time!! Your signatures will now ONLY SHOW UP IN MAIL if you save them to the cloud via iCloud Drive. So the way to fix this ridiculous & truly annoying problem is this:

1. Quit out of Apple Mail on your Mac.

2. Go into your System Preferences.

3. Go into the iCloud system preference.

4. Enable iCloud Drive by putting the checkmark next to it.

5. Click on "Options..." next to iCloud Drive.

6. Scroll down until you see "Mail".

7. Enable Mail by putting a checkmark next to it.

8. Click Done.

9. Close your System Preferences.

10. Relaunch Apple Mail.

Apple is truly annoying.

Disappearing signatures in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.