Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop IOS 11 battery full beeping

With the upgrade to IOS 11 when charging my phone, when it reaches full the phone starts beeping. This is very disturbing at night and requires me to unplug to stop the noise. This then leads to a 90% charged phone by the morning. How can I stop this unnecessary alert?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2017 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2017 6:03 AM

I’ve upgraded my 7 to ios 11.2 but am still having the same problem (beeping & screen lights up periodically only once fully charged). I always have to wake up and disconnect the phone in the middle of the night. Very annoying. I’ve tried swapping out the cable and AC adapter, to no avail. Ugh...

112 replies

Dec 27, 2017 5:12 PM in response to KiltedTim

There is a issue. There is a problem when the phone 6s is fully charged. I replaced the charge wire that is plugged into the house receptacle. The notification is a beep and also tranmitts light. In order to able to not hear or have the light go on I must unplug the charging wire. The charging port is clean and the charger replaced. So there is a issue.

Jan 3, 2018 10:26 PM in response to iPhoneiGots

I’ve been having the same problem since I installed the last update 11.2.1

It is very annoying. The beeping starts when the battery is almost 100% and keeps it up every minute until I disconnect it from plug in power. I have tried it with multiple different power cords, outlets, and types of power, even computer and TV. So it is a bug in this program. I have not found a fix anywhere. We just have to convince Apple that they made a mistake in the update and it is not our power source. Seems they would notice that every iPhone owner is having the same problems with their plugs. Right?

Oct 19, 2017 12:54 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I hear what your saying but it only beeps once charged. I also have two wireless chargers (same make) that do the same. If there was an issue with connection, why doesn’t phone beep while charging ?

More to the point why does the phone charge up in a good time if there’s a problem ?

I was about to ditch the iPhone as I was so fed up with the hugely troublesome lightning leed charger. The iPhone 8’s wireless charge feature and the fact that it was compatible with non Apple chargers, was my reason for staying Apple.

I really hope this can be fixed.

Oct 19, 2017 12:59 PM in response to GadgetGeorge

I have a couple of wireless charging pads that give me a problem. For no good reason, they stop and start and stop and start, beeping every time. Your problem is a little bit less severe, I think. I suspect what is happening is that, once the phone reaches 100%, it stops charging, as it's supposed to. However, the charger starts charging again almost immediately, causing the beep. The problem is almost definitely with the charger. The chargers I have that cause the problem are by Mophie. The Verizon brand one (not cheap) I have is not a problem unless the phone I manage to put the phone on it in such a way that it's not making good contact. Given that this is the one next to my bed, I manage to do that often enough. If I pick it up and set it back down, it's fine. If I don't, it behaves exactly as you're describing. The cheap, off brand charger on my desk at work works flawlessly. Go figure.

Jan 3, 2018 10:33 PM in response to KiltedTim

It is very annoying. The beeping starts when the battery is almost 100% and keeps it up every minute until I disconnect it from plug in power. I have tried it with multiple different power cords, outlets, and types of power, even computer and TV. So it is a bug in this software. I have not found a fix anywhere. We just have to convince Apple that they made a mistake in the update and it is not our power source. Seems they would notice that every iPhone owner is having the same problems with their plugs. Right?

Jan 3, 2018 10:36 PM in response to KiltedTim

It is very annoying. The beeping starts when the battery is almost 100% and keeps it up every minute until I disconnect it from plug in power. I have tried it with multiple different power cords, outlets, and types of power, even computer and TV. So it is a bug in this program. I have not found a fix anywhere.

Apr 28, 2018 10:19 AM in response to ianinPF

ianinPF wrote:

Well I do agree that there should be no "battery full" beep. What I think I'm seeing is the "start charging" beep happening over and over again.

Yes, that is almost certainly what is happening. It's certainly worth looking into why that is happening. I can think of several possibilities (most already mentioned in this thread).

• The phone stops charging when it reaches 100%. It will start over if the state of charge drops by 5%, but this won't normally be treated as "start charging" by the phone, because the power source is still connected. Some power sources will actually turn off if the current demand goes to zero (Apple USB adapters do not, but I have one that does; it's an external battery pack). In that case, current will come back on and the phone will see it as a "new" charge condition.
  • A defective Lightning cable. There are 4 microcircuits in the phone end connector; if one of them fails it might cause a new start charging signal (just speculation), but changing the cable should fix it.
  • An intermittent physical connection to the phone, usually the result of dirt accumulating in the phone's connector, or wear on the cable end. Cleaning the connector carefully with a bright light and a pointed tool would fix it.
  • Unstable AC power. More common than you might think. A subsecond power interruption wouldn't be noticed by most people (especially at night). Related, an appliance with a heavy starting current (furnace, refrigerator, etc) and old wiring can cause a momentary dip in voltage; Apple devices will disconnect if the voltage drops below 100 volts for more than a few seconds; so will most 3rd party USB power sources.
  • Uncertified (MFI certification) and unstable USB power sources. Some of these are actually physically dangerous; there are at least two cases of users being electrocuted by cheap USB power sources that do not provide line-load isolation.
  • A hardware defect in the phone; specifically, the U2 Tristar chip that manages charging, or a defective battery.

Dec 8, 2017 6:16 AM in response to iPhoneiGots

When you upgraded, did you use a back up from your previous phone? If so, you most likely transferred whatever the problem was from the old phone. I would suggest that you restore the phone to factory state and test it to see if it still happens. If it doesn't, you'll know that it's something in your apps or data. Then begins the hard work of figuring out what.

Dec 27, 2017 6:07 PM in response to Osinski

Osinski wrote:

There is a issue. There is a problem when the phone 6s is fully charged. I replaced the charge wire that is plugged into the house receptacle. The notification is a beep and also tranmitts light. In order to able to not hear or have the light go on I must unplug the charging wire. The charging port is clean and the charger replaced. So there is a issue.

Yes, there is an issue. Something is wrong. You should consider the wall adapter. Also, try restoring the phone from a back up and testing. Your phone shouldn't do that.

Jan 4, 2018 5:57 AM in response to Chitakrm

Chitakrm wrote:

It is very annoying. The beeping starts when the battery is almost 100% and keeps it up every minute until I disconnect it from plug in power. I have tried it with multiple different power cords, outlets, and types of power, even computer and TV. So it is a bug in this software.

Or, there's something wrong with your charging port. Have you attempted to clean it?

We just have to convince Apple that they made a mistake in the update and it is not our power source. Seems they would notice that every iPhone owner is having the same problems with their plugs. Right?

Actually, very, very few people are having this problem. I understand that doesn't make it any less annoying if you're the one with the problem. But, it's a pretty good indicator that the problem is with your device, not with iOS 11.2.1.

How to stop IOS 11 battery full beeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.