Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to recover deleted songs

I was trying to delete a duplicate playlist from my Windows 7 Home Premium PC, but must have clicked on the wrong thing because all of the songs were removed from my library. Fortunately, most of them are on my iPhone 6S+. Unfortunately I can't get the phone to sync with my pc.

I need to know if can retrieve them without opening my account or the store. I have iTunes version 12.7 and I have cleaned it out and reinstalled several times due to iTunes going snarky like it is now. But I am worried if I remove it, those songs will be lost. I could use some advice on this mess, Please!

Thank you all

Barbara Morris 😊

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 9:13 PM

If these are songs you bought from the iTunes Store, you can redownload them for free (if they are still available):

Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

Here is another option from turingtest2:

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

And one more third party solution such as TOUCHCOPY:

https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/?gclid=CKCer_Pu3M0CFckehgodanAIuw

(I have never tried TOUCHCOPY so I can't endorse it.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2017 9:13 PM in response to texaz56

If these are songs you bought from the iTunes Store, you can redownload them for free (if they are still available):

Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

Here is another option from turingtest2:

Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

And one more third party solution such as TOUCHCOPY:

https://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/?gclid=CKCer_Pu3M0CFckehgodanAIuw

(I have never tried TOUCHCOPY so I can't endorse it.)

Oct 6, 2017 9:31 PM in response to texaz56

One thing that occurred to me is that, depending on how you deleted the songs from your library, the actual audio files might still be on your hard drive (or in the recycle bin, from which they can easily be restored). They might have just been deleted from the iTunes library itself. If this is the case, it is easy enough to add them back into your library. This sounds a bit obvious, so maybe you have already checked this or I am missing something. It is not that easy to totally delete the audio files from within iTunes, and for good reason.

Oct 6, 2017 9:58 PM in response to javaliga

Hi javaliga and Hedgehog also 😀

Java, thank you for the links. I saved the book that turingtest2 wrote, but I couldn't find it again. So, the biggest problem I have with iTunes is once I get to the tunes part, I can't get it to open my account and the store. What I did was I started deleting songs from a duplicate playlist one at a time. You know remove from playlist. But I wanted to get rid of that list completely and saw the remove from library, and they were all gone. So I checked my iPhone, and they were gone there also. I was hoping to download everything from my phone back into my PC, but apparently something is wrong with my phone or the power cables, because iTunes couldn't find it.

But, after I wrote this question, I saw something about doing the hard boot on the phone. I did that and all my songs were back, along with some I didn't have!😁 So, I have everything on my phone now, and I'm not so worried about losing them.

However, I am so computer illiterate, I never paid much attention to where things were being downloaded to. So I have iTunes files all over the place. But now, since my phone has all the songs and a couple or three albums, I am not so afraid of removing everything and reloading it. My computer is quite old, and my husband did all the updates, new software, etc. He passed away three years ago, and I am learning as I go. Still, even being the dufus I am, I've figured out a lot. But not the new iTunes. It just seems to lose the part of its program that tells it to open the store or my account. I have had to do the complete removal of all things Apple, then reinstall at least twice.

I really appreciate both of you offering help. I will find that how to book turingtest2 wrote, and save it in my computer so I won't lose it again! I have it bookmarked somewhere. My computer likes to duplicate everything, so I have a real mess with my bookmarks. 😕

Again, thank you both!

Is there a way to recover deleted songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.