Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

visual voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7 after iOS11 update

Since updating my 7+ to iOS 11 (and now on to 11.0.2) My visual voicemail transcription is not working. I have done all the suggestions but nada. I am on AT&T (and have also contacted them...they say it is an apple problem) and did not get a carrier update notification after the iOS update as I usually do. Any suggestions as to what might work? I have reset my carrier settings, rebooted my phone, called my voicemail from my phone, rebooted again. Not sure what else at this point. Any help would be appreciated!!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 5:02 AM

I found a solution to this issue on another website forum that worked for me. I too did not have visual VM after upgrading to ios11. I have an iPhone 7 with Verizon. Tried everything. Resets, wiping the phone and starting as a new phone, and re-provisioning but no luck. Verizon was no hope and the Apple support site was not either. The trick the other poster said to do is to go into Settings and Siri. Turn on Select Siri with Home button. Now reset the phone. After it starts back up, conduct a test call and leave a VM. Voila, it worked again for me. I then disabled the Siri with Home button and visual VM continued to work. Weird bug.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 5:02 AM in response to TexasPeach

I found a solution to this issue on another website forum that worked for me. I too did not have visual VM after upgrading to ios11. I have an iPhone 7 with Verizon. Tried everything. Resets, wiping the phone and starting as a new phone, and re-provisioning but no luck. Verizon was no hope and the Apple support site was not either. The trick the other poster said to do is to go into Settings and Siri. Turn on Select Siri with Home button. Now reset the phone. After it starts back up, conduct a test call and leave a VM. Voila, it worked again for me. I then disabled the Siri with Home button and visual VM continued to work. Weird bug.

visual voicemail transcription not working on iPhone 7 after iOS11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.