You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I only have lightning bolt & time on my watch face?

Why do I only have lightening bolt and time showing on my watch face?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 7:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 2:14 AM

Hi

Apple Watch displays the time and a lightning bolt (and cannot be used for any other functions) when it has entered into Power Reserve mode, which happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level or when it is enabled manually.

To turn off Power Reserve mode, restart your Apple Watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. You may need to charge your Apple Watch before it can be restarted.

More information:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2017 2:14 AM in response to Periihipp

Hi

Apple Watch displays the time and a lightning bolt (and cannot be used for any other functions) when it has entered into Power Reserve mode, which happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level or when it is enabled manually.

To turn off Power Reserve mode, restart your Apple Watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. You may need to charge your Apple Watch before it can be restarted.

More information:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Why do I only have lightning bolt & time on my watch face?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.