Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not transferring all photos

Hi I am trying to air drop files from an iPhone 7 Plus to an iphone 6. Both are on ios11. THe iphone 7 says sending 42 files and all sent. The iphone 6 only received 19 files - i tried again and only 4 files received but 42 still sent. I have been transferring heaps today via airdrop and found that i could only do 200 at a time - and that was working fine and I literally was on my last 42 to transfer and got this issue! I have checked how much storage my 6 has - its 128gb and has 38gb available so i know thats not the problem. I have restarted each device and that hasnt helped. I sometimes get a message on my iPhone 6 saying airdrop failed and would i like to save to my iCloud Drive. Any ideas on why airdrop isn’t working??

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 9:02 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2017 12:33 AM in response to Dylou

Hello Dylou,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you’ve had some trouble sending files via Airdrop, and I have some information that may help.

In cases like this, it may help to send the files in smaller groups to help isolate a specific file or files that may be causing the transfer to fail.

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Oct 8, 2017 12:35 AM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks. I had done smaller chunks - but went super small - 4 at a time - and found out that there were 2 Live Photo’s and they were what was causing the trouble. Seems odd I can’t transfer Live Photo’s via airdrop but hey at least I know what’s causing the problem. Thanks for your guidance

Airdrop not transferring all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.