Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I hide names of persons in notifications when the screen is locked

Hi, I am using iPhone 7 with iOS 11. I need to hide names of the persons who called me, emailed me, or texted me when the screen is locked. I want to be able to see only that there is a missed call for example. I don’t want the notification to disclose who is the person who called me. I am new to iPhone. I have been Android user for years and there you can set that level of privacy easily. Thank you.

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 5:20 AM

“Show preview” is obviously something I disabled right away. I need to hide caller/sender name as well. I really hope there is a way how to hide it, otherwise it is a huge privacy issue.

5 replies

Oct 7, 2017 5:17 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to display only badges on my iPhone‘s lock screen. I can either hide notifications from lock screen completely, which is something I don’t want, or I can enable them but they will show:

PHONE

John Doe

Missed call

I need it to hide the name like this:

PHONE

(Name hidden)

Missed call

Or to hide it like Android does it:

PHONE

Missed call

So removing the line with the person’s name is exactly what I need. Imagine if my new girlfriend calls me, notification with missed call from her together with her name will stay visible on the lock screen and anyone who touches my phone can see that. Like my other girlfriend for example.

Obviously I need to do the same with email notifications, instant messaging notifications etc.

I am starting to think that iPhone simply can’t provide the level of privacy I can have with Android phones.

How do I hide names of persons in notifications when the screen is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.