Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t split keyboard on Pad Pro 12.9 iOS 11

Hi.

is it possible that Apple didn’t allow to split or move its own virtual keyboard on iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 11.0.1 ?

When I do a long press on the keyboard icon key at the lower right corner I don’t see the little menu to choose other configurations: split, move upwards. Be it in portrait or landscape orientation.

Do you encounter the same situation?

thank you.

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 4:57 PM

Hi. The split/floating keyboard has never been supported on the iPad Pro 12.9, and that continues with iOS 11.

You can let Apple know by reporting in at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

But you might be interested in PadKeys, which implements a full desktop-style on-screen keyboard. See this link: https://padkeyskeyboard.com/.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2017 4:57 PM in response to Peeriy

Hi. The split/floating keyboard has never been supported on the iPad Pro 12.9, and that continues with iOS 11.

You can let Apple know by reporting in at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

But you might be interested in PadKeys, which implements a full desktop-style on-screen keyboard. See this link: https://padkeyskeyboard.com/.

Oct 7, 2017 4:56 PM in response to Peeriy

Split Keyboard on an a 12" iPad Pro was modified.

In normal view, the iPad Pro does not offer Split View for the Keyboard.

However, you can set the iPad to Zoomed View, and Split Keyboard is an option, despite what the following support document claims:

How to split and move the keyboard on your iPad - Apple Support

You can’t use a split keyboard on iPad Pro (12.9-inch).

To get the Split Keyboard option, go to Settings->Display and Brightness->View, and set it to Zoomed.

With that done, you can go to any App that requires a keyboard, and the Split option should then be available normally.

Oct 7, 2017 5:09 PM in response to Peeriy

Thank you Diana and Phil. This will help me a lot. I will definitely try this strange "zoomed view" 😎. I am an alternative-keyboard fan. So I will surely give a try to PadKeys.

I like particularly, MyScript Nebo and it's great ability in recognizing hand written text with the Apple Pencil.

I don't know who of you both deserve more the Solved or the Helpful flag 🙂 You are ex-aequo … 😀

Can’t split keyboard on Pad Pro 12.9 iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.