Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Controls on Lock Screen.

Every once in a while I turn on my phone and I see the new iOS 11 Music Control sort of Notification. I don't have the app open, no sound is playing, it is just there. I do know that if I restart my phone it will no longer be there. If i don't restart my phone then it will disappear about a day later. I would just like to know what was causing it.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.2, Actually running iOS 11 Beta 1

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 2:11 PM

28 replies

Oct 26, 2017 10:52 AM in response to heyzitszach

I have this same issue on my iPhone and my iPad Pro. Started with iOS 11.0 and continues with 11.0.3 The Music app is never used on either device, and the app is not open in my app switcher or shown with recent apps in my iPad dock when the issue occurs. Also, neither device automatically connects to any bluetooth devices possibly causing the controls to appear.

I‘m able to get the controls to disappear by opening another music app like Spotify and then closing it. The controls well be gone for a while, maybe a week, and then they randomly appear again for no apparent reason. It’s very irritating.

Jan 8, 2018 2:55 PM in response to Diana.McCall

This irritating problem DOES matter. Although the functions aren’t affected, my wallpaper is a photo of my honeybunch! I can’t see her with that stupid player control overlying the screen! Shutting down my phone and re-booting clears the problem, but once I open any ap that uses sound, the player comes back to stay, even after the ap is closed, discarded, deleted, or whatever!

Feb 10, 2018 6:25 PM in response to lazeekat

No, it is not a bug. It is a feature an the way it is designed to work, and has worked that way for a long time. If there is any sort of audio output that is not completed, such as songs from an album that aren't yet played, podcasts that didn't finish, music streaming that wasn't turned off, etc, the iPhone will display the audio controls so you can resume playing if you want to. iOS is pretty smart, but it can't read your mind and doesn't know if you want to start playing again or not. The easiest way to get rid of it is to kill the app that was playing when the phone was last locked. Or just ignore it.

No need to power it down.

Mar 28, 2018 8:42 AM in response to heyzitszach

This is drivin me NUTS because the music controls pop up while screen is locked and I have music playing. The point of a locked screen is so that I don’t hit any buttons while it’s locked. Now when I’m playing music and moving around I am constantly hitting that stupid music control pop up and it changes my music- skips songs, hits pause, etc! I just updated last week and along with the annoying screenshot in the corner I wish I had not updated!!!!

Music Controls on Lock Screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.