Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 6s battery dying so fast after the latest update?

Why is my iPhone 6s battery dying so fast after the latest update? With no apps open, it can go from 100% to 20% in less than two hours. Why is this happening?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 12:41 PM

Hi sawalker3,
I want to help get to the bottom of what's draining your battery. I like to the get the most out of my iPhone too, so let's work on this together.
First, check out this article that helps you maximize your battery life:
Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

After reviewing the info there, can you give me an idea of which apps are draining the battery on your iPhone?

You can go to Settings > Battery. Review the Last 24 Hours and Last 7 Days tab. Anything over about 15% is generally an app that's used a good bit of battery. Do you see anything unexpected there or an app you don't use a lot showing up there?

Let me know if your issue is resolved with the info in the Maximizing Performance article or if you find an app that's draining your battery.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2017 12:41 PM in response to sawalker3

Hi sawalker3,
I want to help get to the bottom of what's draining your battery. I like to the get the most out of my iPhone too, so let's work on this together.
First, check out this article that helps you maximize your battery life:
Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

After reviewing the info there, can you give me an idea of which apps are draining the battery on your iPhone?

You can go to Settings > Battery. Review the Last 24 Hours and Last 7 Days tab. Anything over about 15% is generally an app that's used a good bit of battery. Do you see anything unexpected there or an app you don't use a lot showing up there?

Let me know if your issue is resolved with the info in the Maximizing Performance article or if you find an app that's draining your battery.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Why is my iPhone 6s battery dying so fast after the latest update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.