Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 update stuck after 'checkpoint id: 0x619' during verifying iphone restore

While restoring/update my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 (via iTune 12.7.0.166 on my MBP), the progress hangs during 'Verifying iPhone update'. After hours of waiting the progress bar show no change (no progress). I tried multiple time (hard-reset, 15min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr) same result. So, I brought it to the Apple Store. The tech there tried as well to recover but to no avail. After an hour in the Apple Store, the tech said I need to replace the phone ($300).

Needless to say, I took the phone home; and am wondering if anyone in the community encountered and have solution for me? BTW, I did some digging into the iPhoneUpdate log files. Every log shows the same checkpoint completion before it goes into never-land:

[HH:MM:SS.nnnn] Completed checkpoint id: 0x619

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 7, 2017 8:12 PM

3 replies

iOS 11 update stuck after 'checkpoint id: 0x619' during verifying iphone restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.