Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio drop out in 10.13

Hi,

So I upgraded to High Sierra and when using my audio interface the audio just stops playing out of the speakers after about 10 minutes or so. This happens in iTunes, youTube and any audio DAW I try.

I went back to 10.12 and no drop out. I had music playing for 10 hours strait.

The audio interface has officaially released drivers for 10.13 so I upgraded again. Installed the drivers and same issue. After about 10 minutes or so audio drops. The player keeps going but audio drops.

If I hit pause and the play audio comes back.

Any ideas?

Matthew

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13), iTunes 12.6.2.20

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 7:56 AM

8 replies

Oct 14, 2017 8:25 AM in response to oddgoingson

If anyone else comes across this issue (audio cutting out) I confirm that yes it still occurs after a fresh install of High Sierra and is defiantly related to the external displays as plugging them in increases the likelihood of the audio dropping out. I have also experienced the sound becoming distorted after the monitors are plugged in.

I have since switched back to Sierra. Experiencing no issues at all.

I plan to stick with Sierra until Apple sorts out this hiccup. I hope that once they fix the display issue above it also fixes the issue with the the audio that I am experencing.

Matthew

Nov 15, 2017 3:13 AM in response to oddgoingson

Just to confirm the issue, I have also been experiencing audio dropouts after upgrading to High Sierra on two different Macbook Pros: mid-2012 from Sierra, early-2015 from Yosemite.

The dropouts happen when my HD projector is connected via thunderbolt->hdmi on the mid-2012 model and directly via hdmi on the early-2015 model.

Sadly I'm not in a position to downgrade without massive disruption to my work. Anyway, I really shouldn't have to. Apple, please fix this bug, it's really very noticeable.

Nov 27, 2017 4:32 AM in response to oddgoingson

This has been happening to me with a projector (optoma hd142x) attached via hdmi (which is how I am working).

Dropouts are about half a second but really interrupt my work as they are fairly regular (every 10-20 minutes).

Unfortunately I do not have a Sierra time machine backup to help me with a downgrade as time machine deleted it when I went to backup prior to downgrading! Aaargh, I know, right?!

This is a real major issue that will affect so many doing pro AV work as most people I know use an external display of some sorts.

Please Apple sort this issue out.

audio drop out in 10.13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.