Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch os 4 map route not showing

Just went for a run since update to 4.0 on a series 2 watch and noticed that the route map didn't show up after my run. Always showed up in past runs using the built in workout app on the watch. Any info?

Bruce

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 9:33 AM

Hi

If the Workout app and Activity app are not performing as expected in recording a route map, then the following steps may help:

Check your workout summary (I have included this step in case other users do not know how to find the map):

• On your iPhone, in the Activity app, go to: Workouts (tab) > tap on a workout > if a map has been recorded, a thumbnail image is shown under the heading "Route" > tap on it to view a larger image of your route map.

When recording specific fitness activities, be sure to use the Workout app and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Outdoor Run and Outdoor Walk as appropriate.

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist.

Check that you are wearing your Apple Watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist (if it is worn too loosely, your watch may believe that it has been removed):

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is turned on.
  • In the list of apps beneath, check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using.
  • If each setting is already enabled:
    • Try briefly turning off Location Services and then turning it back on again.
    • Try briefly changing the setting for Apple Watch Workout to Never and then back to While Using.
  • Also enable options under System Services including Motion Calibration & Distance, Wi-Fi Networking and Mobile Network Search.

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch (normally):

More information:

End and review your workout

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2017 9:33 AM in response to bruj

Hi

If the Workout app and Activity app are not performing as expected in recording a route map, then the following steps may help:

Check your workout summary (I have included this step in case other users do not know how to find the map):

• On your iPhone, in the Activity app, go to: Workouts (tab) > tap on a workout > if a map has been recorded, a thumbnail image is shown under the heading "Route" > tap on it to view a larger image of your route map.

When recording specific fitness activities, be sure to use the Workout app and to choose the activity type that most closely matches your workout, including choosing Outdoor Run and Outdoor Walk as appropriate.

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist.

Check that you are wearing your Apple Watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist (if it is worn too loosely, your watch may believe that it has been removed):

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is turned on.
  • In the list of apps beneath, check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using.
  • If each setting is already enabled:
    • Try briefly turning off Location Services and then turning it back on again.
    • Try briefly changing the setting for Apple Watch Workout to Never and then back to While Using.
  • Also enable options under System Services including Motion Calibration & Distance, Wi-Fi Networking and Mobile Network Search.

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch (normally):

More information:

End and review your workout

Oct 18, 2017 7:04 PM in response to bruj

Hello. I literally ran 7 mi just to do a trial and error solution with this issue (I have the same problem). I noticed that my routes are not recorded the same day as yours. So anyways, I have updated iOS and have watchOS 4, iwatch series 2 paired with iphone 6.

Here's the solution that I found out, I have to choose "Outdoor walk" and that tracks the route. I ran at an ave pace of 8'14 mi. I did it three times in a row, but when I choose "Outdoor run" same location, same speed, it does not track the route.

Let us know if this works for you as well. I have a 3 mi run tomorrow and I will use "Outdoor walk" and see if it tracks the route.

Apple Watch os 4 map route not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.