Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left speaker not working on iPhone 8

iOS is updated

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 7:52 PM

26 replies

Jan 10, 2018 6:07 AM in response to Ipv8

Ipv8 wrote:

Such a shame. I was also expecting stereo speakers on my new iphone 8 plus, just like I had with my old iphone 4.

The first iPhone that ever offered stereo playback is the iPhone 7 and it accomplishes that by using the single bottom speaker and the earpiece speaker.

Every iPhone every made, and every iPhone currently made only has a single (i.e. single as in ONE) speaker at the bottom of the device. And every iPhone every made, and every iPhone currently made has a microphone under a grill on the opposite side of that single speaker at the bottom of the device.

Jan 27, 2018 2:16 PM in response to hwcarter114

hwcarter114 wrote:

I’m having the same problem and it carries over when I try to use headphones or speakers; sound only comes out of one side

You're problem is not exactly the same. As noted, there is only one speaker on the bottom. So, it's normal that you would get sound out of one side. If you're having issues with your headset, check Settings>General>Accessibility and make sure that the balance hasn't been set to one side. Also, try a different set of headphones. There might be something wrong with the ones you have. I'd also suggest trying the headset you're having trouble with in a different device. It's possible there might be something wrong with the headphone jack itself.

Left speaker not working on iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.