Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install Apple Mobile Device Services manually?

So lately I've purchased an iPod Touch 4th Generation (Model: MD057LL/A). When I installed iTunes and connected my iPod, I kept getting a pop-up window saying "This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again." I did research and found the issue of being with the Apple Mobile Device Service file and followed the instructions on how to start/run the file but when I did run it, I received an error saying "Windows could not start the Apple Mobile Device Service on the Local computer, Error 2: The system could not find the file specified." I went further to follow the file path in File Explorer and the folder where the file located and command was directed to, was missing. Is there and alternate way to install the Apple Mobile Device Services outside of reinstalling iTunes?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6, 4th Generation

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply
1 reply

How can I install Apple Mobile Device Services manually?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.