You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

album cover art changes in iOS 11

I have uploaded new songs onto my iphone7 11.0.2 and the album art has changed.

It was correct in my iTunes Library but once I open music on my iPhone it is different.

for example The Doors - The Singles now has Prince 4 Ever artwork and Depeche Mode's Cover Me remixes now has David Bowie's Who Can I Be Now? whilst Midnight Oil and The Best of Nick Cave have The Mission - Another Fall From Grace.

I don't have iTunes Match or iCloud Music Library turned on (I was stung by this a couple of years ago).

I do subscribe to Apple Music.

Does anyone have any solution or the same problem?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.0.2, Music

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 3:48 PM

Good afternoon ste64,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If I understand your issue, you uploaded (do you mean synced via USB?) music from your iTunes Library to your iPhone 7, but the artwork is not correct on your iPhone 7. The resource below will provide some troubleshooting steps for issues with artwork. If you have an Apple Music subscription, then the only way this data will stay in sync between your devices is to enable the iCloud Music Library.
Get help with iCloud Music Library

If the artwork for some of your albums or songs is missing

1. On your Mac or PC, open iTunes.
  2. In the upper-left corner, click User uploaded file Music.
  3. In the left sidebar, click Albums.
  4. Find the album with the missing artwork, then right-click or Control-click it.
  5. Click Get Album Artwork. To select more than one album, hold down the Command key on your keyboard and click additional albums.
  6. iTunes adds the album artwork.
  7. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
  8. After iCloud Music Library has finished updating, open the Music app on your iOS device.
  9. Find the songs that are missing artwork, and remove the downloads from your device.
  10. Tap the download icon User uploaded file to the right of the song to download the song again from iCloud Music Library.
Take care.
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 9, 2017 3:48 PM in response to ste64

Good afternoon ste64,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If I understand your issue, you uploaded (do you mean synced via USB?) music from your iTunes Library to your iPhone 7, but the artwork is not correct on your iPhone 7. The resource below will provide some troubleshooting steps for issues with artwork. If you have an Apple Music subscription, then the only way this data will stay in sync between your devices is to enable the iCloud Music Library.
Get help with iCloud Music Library

If the artwork for some of your albums or songs is missing

1. On your Mac or PC, open iTunes.
  2. In the upper-left corner, click User uploaded file Music.
  3. In the left sidebar, click Albums.
  4. Find the album with the missing artwork, then right-click or Control-click it.
  5. Click Get Album Artwork. To select more than one album, hold down the Command key on your keyboard and click additional albums.
  6. iTunes adds the album artwork.
  7. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
  8. After iCloud Music Library has finished updating, open the Music app on your iOS device.
  9. Find the songs that are missing artwork, and remove the downloads from your device.
  10. Tap the download icon User uploaded file to the right of the song to download the song again from iCloud Music Library.
Take care.

Oct 10, 2017 6:23 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden, thanks for the reply.

Yes I copy songs from my iTunes library via USB cable.

I've had Apple Music since it was launched, but stopped using iCloud Music Library after issues with it changing artwork.

I've never had to turn iCloud Music Library back on as I only want my music on my iPhone and I can switch to streaming from apple music for new stuff.

This problem has only occurred after updating to 11.0.2 when I was on 11 it was fine.

The albums in my iTunes library have the correct artwork on them already, none of it is missing - when they appear on my phone they are changed to artworks from other albums that I own and not always the same cover - I deleted and copied back over the same album and the artwork changed to something else. It's very odd.

It is also worth noting that albums with no artwork remain like that.

album cover art changes in iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.