Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 11: After Turing off the airplane mode it automatically turn on Bluetooth. why.?

After turing off the airplane mode it automatically enable the Bluetooh and wifi.

As the new update i.e ios 11 having new control panel. it enables bluetooth automatically turn on .please tell me if any solution

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2017 9:13 PM

So buddy, i had the same issue and it drove me nuts. But i figured it out. What is happening is you are controlling WiFi and Bluetooth through the control panel. And when you go Airplane mode and go back on; they all come on even if they weren’t before. This is because in your actual settings you have them turned on. Control panel doesn’t give you full control of these functions; only like a powersave version. Go to settings and turn off what you don’t want to auto turn on or stay on when you enter or exit Airplane mode.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2017 9:13 PM in response to g.a.g.a.n_d.e.e.p

So buddy, i had the same issue and it drove me nuts. But i figured it out. What is happening is you are controlling WiFi and Bluetooth through the control panel. And when you go Airplane mode and go back on; they all come on even if they weren’t before. This is because in your actual settings you have them turned on. Control panel doesn’t give you full control of these functions; only like a powersave version. Go to settings and turn off what you don’t want to auto turn on or stay on when you enter or exit Airplane mode.

Oct 10, 2017 10:51 AM in response to g.a.g.a.n_d.e.e.p

Hi g.a.g.a.n_d.e.e.p,

Based on your post, I can see that you're concerned because Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are re-enabled after you turn off Airplane Mode. I wanted to inform you that this is expected behavior. Please take a look at the following resource:

If you turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth while you're in Airplane mode, they will be on the next time you use Airplane mode, unless you turn them off while in Airplane mode.

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support
Additionally, please take a look at this resource for more information about the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth controls within Control Center:
Use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center with iOS 11 - Apple Support
Take care.

ios 11: After Turing off the airplane mode it automatically turn on Bluetooth. why.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.