Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeps saying Siri didnt quite understand that when trying to set up ask Siri, and all microphones are working perfectly.

I haven’t been able to talk into Siri from my iPhone 6, since before I updated to iOS 11. When trying to turn on ask Siri, it keeps saying Siri couldn’t quite understand that, when asking me to say “Hey Siri”. I tested all my microphones and they all work fine, Siri just can’t hear me.

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 11:28 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, xKasani.
If I understand your post correctly, the microphone on your iPhone works fine with other apps and features but Siri doesn't seem to hear you. Being able to use Siri to help with tasks is one of my favorite features of iPhone; I'm happy to help.
Try these steps:

If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions

Siri might say something like, "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network," or "Try again in a little while." This is probably a network issue. Check your Internet connection and try again later.

If Siri still doesn't work as expected, try these steps. After each step, see if Siri is working.

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and make sure that Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri are on. Also, go to Settings > General > Restrictions, and make sure that Siri & Dictation isn't off.
  2. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri. Then turn both back on again.
  4. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri only works when you're using a headset, get help with the microphones on your device.

If Siri still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

See the full article here:
Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2017 11:28 AM in response to xKasani

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, xKasani.
If I understand your post correctly, the microphone on your iPhone works fine with other apps and features but Siri doesn't seem to hear you. Being able to use Siri to help with tasks is one of my favorite features of iPhone; I'm happy to help.
Try these steps:

If Siri isn't available, or doesn't understand or respond to questions

Siri might say something like, "Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to the network," or "Try again in a little while." This is probably a network issue. Check your Internet connection and try again later.

If Siri still doesn't work as expected, try these steps. After each step, see if Siri is working.

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and make sure that Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri are on. Also, go to Settings > General > Restrictions, and make sure that Siri & Dictation isn't off.
  2. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri. Then turn both back on again.
  4. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri only works when you're using a headset, get help with the microphones on your device.

If Siri still doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

See the full article here:
Get help with Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Keeps saying Siri didnt quite understand that when trying to set up ask Siri, and all microphones are working perfectly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.