Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

online banking

Does anyone maybe know why i am not able to do online banking with my apple computer which does work with any other computer? There are other sites also which i cannot enter with this computer for example sites on which i am supposed to subscribe for courses for university etc. Do i need something for entering some sites? Thank you

macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2007 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2007 6:34 AM

Are you using Safari as your browser?

The problem probably lies with your bank and these other sites using Microsoft's closed standards for their website design with the design and access targeted exclusively for Windows Internet Explorer. If so, I would voice a serious complaint to your bank and if they choose not to make changes away from Microslop's closed standards, personally I would take my banking business elsewhere.

If you are using Safari, there are a number of other browsers to choose from as a test such as Firefox, Camino and Opera.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2007 6:34 AM in response to slaaapje

Are you using Safari as your browser?

The problem probably lies with your bank and these other sites using Microsoft's closed standards for their website design with the design and access targeted exclusively for Windows Internet Explorer. If so, I would voice a serious complaint to your bank and if they choose not to make changes away from Microslop's closed standards, personally I would take my banking business elsewhere.

If you are using Safari, there are a number of other browsers to choose from as a test such as Firefox, Camino and Opera.

Jan 11, 2007 7:34 AM in response to Allan Sampson

If you'll allow me to vent for a second, I find it so unprofessional that banks create new website systems that aren't cross compatible.

A while ago my bank (rhymes with "Rank of Famerica") redid their entire online banking site, and it was for a few months completely unaccessible from any browser except IE. The best part was, they didn't inform you that Firefox, Safari or Opera wouldn't work. The site would just refuse to load. Eventually, they upgraded it to be compatible.

I can't imagine that an organization that big working in the 21st century wouldn't have at least one person in the conference room say, "Gee, I wonder if maybe not all our customers use IE. Might want to look into that."

Anyway, I'm done. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

online banking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.