Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra missing Keychain Access menubar icon

After upgrading- I no longer have the Keychain icon in the menubar. There is no place that I can find to check to add it in the System Preferences.

Anybody else see this?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 7:30 AM

Eau Rouge wrote:

Open Keychain Access Utility and go to Preferences, under Keychain Access in the menubar, click on the General panel and you should see a box to tick to enable the Keychain icon in the menubar.

The preferences in High Sierra do not have this. Here is how the Preferences window looks in my mac, running High Sierra:

User uploaded file

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2017 7:30 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Eau Rouge wrote:

Open Keychain Access Utility and go to Preferences, under Keychain Access in the menubar, click on the General panel and you should see a box to tick to enable the Keychain icon in the menubar.

The preferences in High Sierra do not have this. Here is how the Preferences window looks in my mac, running High Sierra:

User uploaded file

Dec 26, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Matographer

But of course. 😎⚠😀. Nicely done. Very nice. Couldn't get out of my own way on that one. I was hung up on getting it back on the bar - as you can see most people are. Showed me how 'mouse' reliant I have become.

Starting to set up/remember to use keyboard shortcuts for other stuff instead of instinctively reaching for the mouse. Quicker/More Productive.

Your boss must love you!

Thank you,

Jan 12, 2018 12:32 AM in response to jmn111

Oh dear joining in a discussion that is two months old, if you read the full discussion you will see I corrected myself

not very long after.

However you can download and install Onyx, https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html the latest version now has an option to display the keychain icon in the menubar. Go to Parameters> Misc> Menu bar icons, and from the dropdown select Keychain.

Jan 15, 2018 8:26 PM in response to hildeef

It's called the Dock, and it's called Launchpad, and you are opening the Keychain Access app.

which is not what this discussion is about.

The question has been resolved either by importing a file from a previous install of Sierra, or a Sierra back up.

Or you can download Onyx latest version which now allows you to put the Keychain icon in your Menubar.

High Sierra missing Keychain Access menubar icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.