Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Artwork (still) Reverting to Old Version

After years of people posting issues, this is still a problem. I cannot get artwork to 'stick'. As a result of others issues with syncing and my music not being on my devices, I ended up nuking a lot of songs, and reloading from previous libraries. This meant I have a lot of lost work regarding ratings, keywords, tagging, artwork, lyrics, hours and hours of work ahead of me getting my library back to where it was.

But I digress... Now when a song is playing, I used to go get the artwork, replace and continue working. However it reverts back to a crappy version within a few seconds. Ive tried two different ways of accomplishing the task. Ive left the box unchecked to 'automatically download itunes artwork'.
Really not wanting to have to nuke the entire library again or other largely destructive options. So what are the options?

User uploaded file

Since I cant add videos apparently, here is a YT video: itunes artwork reverting - YouTube

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 10, 2017 8:09 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2017 12:41 PM in response to roberthuttinger

This is even happening in the Finder when replacing the icon on an mp3 file.

User uploaded file

In this case I used Get Info an directly replaced the icon to see what would happen.

Originally this song had no album art at all, while it was playing I replaced with the album cover as seen in the Get Info window. However, after 2-3 seconds, the album art changed to the DeBarge cover, and is 'stuck' there. Same problem as above, if I replace it, regardless of where, reverts now to the DeBarge cover.

Is this a cache or sqlite issue?

Oct 11, 2017 1:22 PM in response to roberthuttinger

Note: If the music is not playing and it is not the current song, I can control click on subsequent tracks from (the currently selected) mini window list, get 'Song Info' and change the artwork. It will stick.

Seems to only revert while playing current song... Which is when most people would notice the cover art is wrong and attempt to fix it...

iTunes Artwork (still) Reverting to Old Version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.