Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K Remote, bluetooth interference

Hello,

I'm using an Apple TV 4K at home. Prior I was using the previous Apple TV at the exact same location with no problems at all.

The new remote is very laggy and it is nearly impossible to use it.

With me on the couch I usually have an iPhone and an iPad.

If I switch off bluetooth on iPhone and iPad, the Apple TV remote works just fine. As soon as I switch the bluetooth on only one other device on, the remote is laggy again.

If a move iPhone and iPad with enabled bluetooth behind me (4 feet), the remote also works.

It seems that other devices a interfeering with the remotes signal.

I did try a factory reset, which didn't help at all.

I hope Apple finds a solution fast, because this is very annoying!

Cheers

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2017 5:57 AM

You won't believe it all, but after replacing my HDMI cable all my "bluetooth" issues are solved. I have read on another forum entry that this worked and even I could not believe it, I gave it a try.

Unbelievable, because I already used a quite expensive & certified 4k HDMI cable. But I switched to a cheaper one and that worked immediately. I have now ordered the HDMI cable from Belkin which is in the Apple Store.

So give it a try as well.

BTW: I am now in TVOS 11.1, but that solved not the issues. Only replacement of the cable did it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2017 5:57 AM in response to ericschmerick

You won't believe it all, but after replacing my HDMI cable all my "bluetooth" issues are solved. I have read on another forum entry that this worked and even I could not believe it, I gave it a try.

Unbelievable, because I already used a quite expensive & certified 4k HDMI cable. But I switched to a cheaper one and that worked immediately. I have now ordered the HDMI cable from Belkin which is in the Apple Store.

So give it a try as well.

BTW: I am now in TVOS 11.1, but that solved not the issues. Only replacement of the cable did it.

Oct 21, 2017 3:44 PM in response to SolarX2

Same for me. My old Apple TV4 works great, but the 4k is really quite laggy at the same spot in the living room. I already got a replacement 4k device which works better, but still it is terrible. Even bluetooth headsets are dropping connections quite frequently.

Even when disabling all wireless devices, router and other Bluetooth devices it is not really getting better.

I really hope it will get fixed with the next update!

Apple TV 4K Remote, bluetooth interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.