Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emoji window keeps appearing

Not sure if this is a High Sierra bug or something my niece did when she randomly hit keys on my Mac. I keep having the emoji window appear frequently and at random, to the point where it's becoming annoying. I click in a text field and it pops out, I switch apps and it appears on screen, I switch open windows within apps and it appears.

It seems everything I do makes the emoji window open and I've got fed up with having to close it all the time. Is there a reason why this is appearing and any way to stop it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13), 2GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB, 13 inch

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2017 8:02 AM

To disable that, first of all head over to Keyboard in System Preferences. Click Input sources tab.

User uploaded file

Check the box that says, "Show input menu in menu bar".User uploaded file

Most likely in your menu bar, a blank menu will appear, click that and click Hide(null) , so that it turns to Show(null).User uploaded file

User uploaded file

That's it. Problem Solved.

4 replies

Emoji window keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.