Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11 bluetooth problem?

I have an iPhone 6+ which I listen to music on via Bluetooth in my Ford Focus with Sync 2, It has worked with no issues until I upgraded to iOS 11, now it drops connection 2 or 3 times a day during my commute to/from work. I have tried forgetting the network and repairing the in car Sync 2 system but the problem is still there and I have applied all the incremental patches to iOS 11.

A colleague at work has the same issue with his iPhone 6S which disconnects Bluetooth randomly since upgrading to iOS 11, it even disconnects his Apple earpods.

Another colleague with a iPhone 6+ has the same issue with his Bluetooth 3rd party earphones.

iOS 11 seems to be the culprit - Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? Are Apple aware?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 8:31 AM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2017 7:37 AM in response to ForburyLion

Same issue here. Seems to be affecting more than just one Bluetooth device. Examples, before ios11, I could connect to my FuelPack3 auto tuner, my Line 6 Amplifi75, my HD Radio without any issues. After iOS11 ( and yes, I have the latest one (11.0.3) I now cannot connect at all to the FuelPack3 auto tuner, when I try to playback music via the Line 6 amplify 75 , it plays for 3 seconds and then disconnects, same with the HD radio but not as bad as my other devices. Bluetooth headphones seem to be iffy as well. When connecting with my older ipad (ipad3) which is only able to be on ios9, none of these issues exist. All apps are up to date. Very frustrating to say the least.

Nov 13, 2017 10:10 PM in response to ForburyLion

I’m having the same issue with my 6s plus and Bluetooth in my car, ear piece, and skullcandy headphones. It happens once or twice while listening to anything. (Podcast, music, pandora and even Netflix or amazon prime). Surprised the new ios11.1.1 didn’t solve the problem. I’m very disappointed in Apple lately. I’ve been a fan of Apple products for a long time but but this is making me want to look for another option.

iOS 11 bluetooth problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.