Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Native "Mail" app support Office 365 multi-factor authentication?

Does the current public release of the native "Mail" app support Office 365 multi-factor authentication? If not, are there plans to support it in the future? Any known timeline?

I wasn't sure which Community to post to. If there's a better place, kindly suggest it and I'll move it.

Thank you,

Eliezer

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 1:28 PM

6 replies

Oct 16, 2017 9:18 AM in response to FoxFifth

@FoxFifth, thank you. Yes, I am aware of app passwords but I'd be much happier knowing that the native mail app truly supports MFA.

@rccharles, I'm not really trying to make a suggestion; just to understand the current state of support for MFA in the native mail app. I'm not an iPhone/iPad user so I don't know from first-hand experience.

Thanks,

Eliezer

Oct 16, 2017 11:40 AM in response to EliezerB

Hi EliezerB. I think you're hoping that Apple will implement a Microsoft proprietary protocol. They probably don't even have the data that would permit this. The app password gives you a password that cannot be used for any other purpose, so it cannot be usefully stolen or compromised. Apple have a similar scheme to allow non-Apple products to login to iCloud servers.

Does the Native "Mail" app support Office 365 multi-factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.