Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car bluetooth call volume issues with ios 11

Since updating to ios 11, I now have very low volume in my car when making and receiving phone calls via bluetooth. I can barely hear the person on the other end of the phone despite volume being on maximum on both my phone and the car.

I have tried to fix via the car telephone controls/settings, have forgotten device and re-paired it, and have reset wifi and bluetooth on my phone with no success. My phone is a 6s plus.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 7:44 AM

Please help. I’ve been struggling with this Bluetooth issue for quite some time, ever since I upgraded to a 7. EQ is off, sound limit is off and my separate volume setting IS all the way up. For phone calls and iTunes, I can Barely hear when the volume is turned up at its’ highest. I’ve tried unpairing and repairing, too. What do I do??

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2018 7:44 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Please help. I’ve been struggling with this Bluetooth issue for quite some time, ever since I upgraded to a 7. EQ is off, sound limit is off and my separate volume setting IS all the way up. For phone calls and iTunes, I can Barely hear when the volume is turned up at its’ highest. I’ve tried unpairing and repairing, too. What do I do??

Jan 3, 2018 6:45 PM in response to lyndallmc

I had this issue as well. Here's how I resolved.

Go to Settings > Music

Check to see if Volume Limit is on. If so, click on "on" and then turn the volume all the way up. When you save & exit from this screen the Settings > Music screen will then show Volume Limit as Off. This is what you want.

To help deal with "quiet" music I also recommend you turn Sound Check on.

Finally, if you are still having issues, change EQ to Off.

You should restart whatever apps are accessing sound.

Once I made these changes, I was able to connect to my bluetooth device and audio was back to normal.

NOTE: You do indeed still need to crank the volume on the iPhone once it is playing through bluetooth AND THEN adjust your volume on the bluetooth device as well...

Good luck!

Jan 16, 2018 9:41 AM in response to lyndallmc

I have the same issue since purchasing the iPhone X. When listening to music in the car the volume is 30% lower than what it use to be on my 6S+

I have checked the sound check options and all is switched off.

Why can’t apply allow other apps to use your Apple Music playslist or at least enhance the app with a equaliser allowing you to adjust the sound quality and gain to compensate?

Mar 9, 2018 9:59 PM in response to Dogcow-Moof

Thank you, this has just fixed my issue that I have had for over 12 months. Had my car back to Mazda several times and they couldn't fix, told me it was because I had a new iPhone, it happened on my 6S then my 8 and my X, I guess when I updated phones the volume level stayed the same. My bluetooth was unusable, going to be good to have it back! Thanks again

Car bluetooth call volume issues with ios 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.