Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightening to hdmi problem

i have the new 2017 ipad and use a unbranded lightrning to hdmi cable with ubs poer adapter, software says its powered by mirascreen. I use it every day flawlessly. Just plug and play. Now after the ios 11 update i plug it in, it dings like it is recognized then nothing. I should automatically mirror my screen. Anybody have any ideas

iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 10:33 PM

I have this problem as well. My Apple Lightning Digital AV Adaptor would plug into my phone and the HDMI cable and I would simply change the source on my Samsung TV to HDM2/DVI. Now that option is grayed out. This Adaptor was expensive and now it doesn't work, I can no longer stream programs onto my TV ever since I upgraded to 11.0.3. Is there a way to downgrade back to 11.0.2 so I can avoid this problem? I really don't want to pay for cable TV but I like to watch news programs such as MSNBC, CNN, ESPN, CSpan, and other news programs that are not available on Roku, etc.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 10:33 PM in response to Dorf1111

I have this problem as well. My Apple Lightning Digital AV Adaptor would plug into my phone and the HDMI cable and I would simply change the source on my Samsung TV to HDM2/DVI. Now that option is grayed out. This Adaptor was expensive and now it doesn't work, I can no longer stream programs onto my TV ever since I upgraded to 11.0.3. Is there a way to downgrade back to 11.0.2 so I can avoid this problem? I really don't want to pay for cable TV but I like to watch news programs such as MSNBC, CNN, ESPN, CSpan, and other news programs that are not available on Roku, etc.

Oct 24, 2017 2:56 AM in response to Dorf1111

Not everyone is having this issue.

I have an large iPad Pro.

I'm on the latest iOS 11 and my Apple digital AV adapter is still working as it should.

I would submit direct feedback to Apple on your iPad and digital AV adapter here.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages, but Apple employees will never respond with any type of direct, individual replies.

Good Luck to You!

Oct 23, 2017 11:36 PM in response to macette1976

No way to downgrade.

Apple has never supported nor has any procedures or provisions to downgrade back to previous iOS version.

Until Apple issues another iOS 11 release, there isn't anything you can do.

Did you try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons?

Disconnect and reconnect the adapter (with HDMI cable still connected) to the iPad?

You CAN STILL watch this content on the iPad for the time being, though.

Oct 24, 2017 2:26 AM in response to Dorf1111

I completely reinstalled ios11 with itunes. Apple recommended that cause over the air can have issues And it still didnt work. and thanks but i dont want to watch anything on my ipad thats why i bought the dongle. Apple is playing dumb like they have never heard of this issue. Just another reason i will never buy another apple product.

Oct 24, 2017 5:47 AM in response to Diana.McCall

So far, I’ve only seen maybe a dozen, or so, posts combined for either of these issues.

So, it can't be a widespread issue.

Hardly a “rash” of posts on these issues.

I didn't ask, but maybe if some of these Posters updated with using WiFi, over the air, maybe the last release got corrupt somehow in the WiFi data transfer of the last iOS 11.0.3 update.

I always, ALWAYS, do ALL system upgrades/updates with my iDevices connected to my Mac and perform the upgrade/updates over the latest iTunes, if needed.

I’ve never encounter any major issues with any iOS upgrades/updates using iTunes.

iOS 11 has been doing fine, for the most part, on all of my compatible iDevices.

Oct 24, 2017 10:36 AM in response to Diana.McCall

I don't use MIDI, currently, with my iPad, but I use the camera adapter to connect a USB Korg micro keyboard to it and it seems fine. I don't think the original iPad Pro models are having the audio latency issues as far as I am aware.

I have a 1st gen iPad Pro, many of the audio/MIDI latency/distortion issues are with the 2nd gen, iPad Pro models.

I am not having any of the audio issues that seem to affect 2nd gen iPad Pro users.

That goes for the 9.7 inch screen iPad Pro models., I believe they are unaffected by the audio/MIDI problems, as well.

Been using my Digital AV adapter to watch YouTube videos to my flat screen TV, from my iPad Pro, and that has been working normally, as well.

Lightening to hdmi problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.