Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended external displays

I purchased a j5 create mini display to dual HDMI converter in the hope that I might be able to extend both my 22" displays. Unfortunately as I have just learned MAC OS doesn't support MST displays. Since this is a MAC OS issue and the graphics cards are capable of performing this feat is there any chance Apple might release and update to allow for this to happen?

If not what other options do I have available to achieve this, or do I scrap my mac dreams and stay stuck on windows platform?

I have already confirmed that this does work on the mac air via bootcamp but I would prefer to run it out of native mac.

Regards

Johann

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 11, 2017 10:43 PM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2017 12:09 AM in response to MadScientist_ZA

Mac OS X does not support mini display to "dual" output, I found this out the hard way as well.

You can still connect your monitors though, it will require you to buy two adapters but at this point if you have the monitors and are already invested in the build then the money wouldn't be the problem.

You need a Display port to HDMI (or whatever your monitor input connector is)

Then you need a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter.

Connect both in separate ports and configure your display.

(note: I have done this and confirm it works)

*Using two Usb 3.0 to HDMI adapter does not work, again another costly mistake

*pushing two high resolution monitors will stress your integrated graphics card, make sure your main is off the display port, and the secondary as the usb 3.0 port.

I hope this answers your question.

Extended external displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.