Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch doesn’t show incoming calls

my watch vibrates but I have to touch the screen to see who is calling. Anyone help?

Apple Watch, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 12, 2017 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2017 6:26 PM

If alerts for phone calls are not being delivered on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following further steps may help (check after each):

Check your Wake Screen settings:

• The display on Apple Watch does not wake automatically upon notification alerts being received (including for calls).
  • Subject to your settings, the display can be configured to wake automatically upon raising your wrist.
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wake Screen.
    • Turn on the option for Wake Screen on Wrist Raise.
  • It is otherwise necessary to tap on the screen to wake the display.

Turn off Notification Privacy:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Notifications - turn off Notification Privacy.

Check for and install any available updates for your iPhone and Apple Watch, starting with your iPhone:

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Passcode > turn Wrist Detection on.

Check your Phone settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Phone.
  • Choose Custom and select your preferred settings under each of Alerts and Ringtone, including checking that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
  • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first;

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2017 6:26 PM in response to JackiMcK

If alerts for phone calls are not being delivered on your Apple Watch as expected, then the following further steps may help (check after each):

Check your Wake Screen settings:

• The display on Apple Watch does not wake automatically upon notification alerts being received (including for calls).
  • Subject to your settings, the display can be configured to wake automatically upon raising your wrist.
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wake Screen.
    • Turn on the option for Wake Screen on Wrist Raise.
  • It is otherwise necessary to tap on the screen to wake the display.

Turn off Notification Privacy:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Notifications - turn off Notification Privacy.

Check for and install any available updates for your iPhone and Apple Watch, starting with your iPhone:

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your Apple Watch after placing it on your wrist:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Passcode > turn Wrist Detection on.

Check your Phone settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Phone.
  • Choose Custom and select your preferred settings under each of Alerts and Ringtone, including checking that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Sounds & Haptics:

• Check that the Alert Volume is towards the centre or right hand side.
  • Check that Silent Mode is not enabled.
  • Check that Haptic Strength is set to the middle or far right hand side of the slider.

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restart your iPhone first;

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

Apple Watch doesn’t show incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.