You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to outlook.Office365.com with mail

As of 11.0.3 it is still not fixed. Funny thing is it worked up until this week just fine. now it “cannot connect to server” on iPad. Still works on my iPhone. I deleted then we added the account but it still will not work

Posted on Oct 12, 2017 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2017 9:57 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Commmunities Geistwolke,
If I'm understanding your post right, you're receiving a "Cannot connect to server" error for your Outlook.office365.com email account on your iPad. If you're anything like me, you rely a lot on being able to send and receive emails from all of your devices. I can understand why it's important for this to be working properly, and I'm happy to help you with a resolution!
First, make sure your iPad has a cellular-data or Wi-Fi connection by opening Safari and navigating to https://www.apple.com. After that, check the settings that you're using for your email account using the Mail Settings Lookup Tool as seen in If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Check your settings

When you set up your email account on your device, iOS automatically uses the correct account settings for many email providers.

To make sure that your account settings are correct, compare the settings in the Mail app to the settings for your email account:

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap your email account.
  2. Tap your email address next to Account to see the account information, such as the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
  3. Check the recommended settings for your email account in the Mail Settings Lookup tool and make sure that they’re the same as what you see on your screen. If you don’t see the settings for your email account, contact your email provider or system administrator.

If you have a POP3 email account, then you can only check email on one device at a time. Close other email programs and sign out of webmail sites that you have open. To check if your email is a POP3 account, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, tap your account, and look for the label POP Account Information. You can also check the recommended email settings for your POP3 email account in the Mail Settings Lookup tool.

If your email provider requires your account to use port 25, then you can only send email when you’re connected to your email provider’s network. Check with your email provider for settings and availability.

You can also view information on setting up your email account using the correct server settings here: Microsoft: Set up email using the iOS Mail app - Office 365 work or school .

If the recommended settings are the same you see in the Mail app on your iPad, follow the "If you still need help section" of the aforementioned support article:

Contact your email provider or system administrator

1. Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there's a service outage.
  2. Ask your email provider or system administrator if you turned on any security features or restrictions, like two-step verification, for your email account. You might need a special password or need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
  3. Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they're correct.

Let me know if you continue to run into this same issue after following all the steps I've mentioned.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2017 9:57 AM in response to Geistwolke

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Commmunities Geistwolke,
If I'm understanding your post right, you're receiving a "Cannot connect to server" error for your Outlook.office365.com email account on your iPad. If you're anything like me, you rely a lot on being able to send and receive emails from all of your devices. I can understand why it's important for this to be working properly, and I'm happy to help you with a resolution!
First, make sure your iPad has a cellular-data or Wi-Fi connection by opening Safari and navigating to https://www.apple.com. After that, check the settings that you're using for your email account using the Mail Settings Lookup Tool as seen in If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Check your settings

When you set up your email account on your device, iOS automatically uses the correct account settings for many email providers.

To make sure that your account settings are correct, compare the settings in the Mail app to the settings for your email account:

1. Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts and tap your email account.
  2. Tap your email address next to Account to see the account information, such as the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
  3. Check the recommended settings for your email account in the Mail Settings Lookup tool and make sure that they’re the same as what you see on your screen. If you don’t see the settings for your email account, contact your email provider or system administrator.

If you have a POP3 email account, then you can only check email on one device at a time. Close other email programs and sign out of webmail sites that you have open. To check if your email is a POP3 account, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, tap your account, and look for the label POP Account Information. You can also check the recommended email settings for your POP3 email account in the Mail Settings Lookup tool.

If your email provider requires your account to use port 25, then you can only send email when you’re connected to your email provider’s network. Check with your email provider for settings and availability.

You can also view information on setting up your email account using the correct server settings here: Microsoft: Set up email using the iOS Mail app - Office 365 work or school .

If the recommended settings are the same you see in the Mail app on your iPad, follow the "If you still need help section" of the aforementioned support article:

Contact your email provider or system administrator

1. Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there's a service outage.
  2. Ask your email provider or system administrator if you turned on any security features or restrictions, like two-step verification, for your email account. You might need a special password or need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
  3. Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they're correct.

Let me know if you continue to run into this same issue after following all the steps I've mentioned.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Cannot connect to outlook.Office365.com with mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.