Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS High Sierra- Plugins not showing up

I downloaded Mac OS High Sierra the other day and now any new 3rd party plugins I install won't be detected by the Plugin Manager in Logic Pro X. The .component files are in the right folders and all plugins are 64 bit. Maybe it's something to do with the pathway of how the Plugin Manager scans for new plugins? I'm not really sure... but I think it's definitely something to do with the update to High Sierra.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13), Logic Pro X

Posted on Oct 13, 2017 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 10:55 AM

I just spoke to a guy from support he told me to uninstall and reinstall logic. i will try it but i'm not hopeful. i have the arturia V5 bundle and it is only the prophet v3 (a personal favourite) that isn't showing. also the eighty eight 2 plugging from sonivox isn't showing, however! if you go to the components folder and vet/vst3 folder they are all installed and when opening the ilk and software centre's for these plugins. they are fully installed and licensed. i will be waiting a long time before i update to a new OS in future. and to anyone considering it i would definitely hold fire for a bit, you have been warned!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 10:55 AM in response to KJ10_

I just spoke to a guy from support he told me to uninstall and reinstall logic. i will try it but i'm not hopeful. i have the arturia V5 bundle and it is only the prophet v3 (a personal favourite) that isn't showing. also the eighty eight 2 plugging from sonivox isn't showing, however! if you go to the components folder and vet/vst3 folder they are all installed and when opening the ilk and software centre's for these plugins. they are fully installed and licensed. i will be waiting a long time before i update to a new OS in future. and to anyone considering it i would definitely hold fire for a bit, you have been warned!

Oct 29, 2017 9:16 AM in response to KJ10_

This is now happening in all the HS betas right up to #5. I doubt this is going to be addressed anytime soon. Just to be clear, it is not all .components that need a reboot in Logic X to show up, only most of them. It feels like stepping back in to the world of Windows 98. I'm going to go out on a limb here and think that maybe this won't get addressed until a Logic X point release happens if at all. One step forward and three steps back with every new release. uggg

Oh and ditto on the above with the re-scanning of some handful of plugins that I'm certain Apple will blame on 3rd parties, many whom may even be out of business or will just never update. Apple could probably fix this is some manner if they wanted to be bothered. another uggg.

Mac OS High Sierra- Plugins not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.