Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: LTE connectivity issues

apple watch series 3 still not connecting to lte? i have updated to the most recent software update and it still shows an X when im away from my phone and trying to use lte?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting your carrier for assistance if necessary:

Set up and use cellular on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) - Apple Support

Posted on

Oct 13, 2017 12:55 PM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

Have you worked with your carrier to ensure that you have a plan with your carrier for the watch? The Apple watch requires a wireless service plan from your carrier to be able to operate on LTE, and the carrier has to support the Apple Watch.

Oct 13, 2017 12:55 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 13, 2017 1:20 PM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

Okay, what other troubleshooting have you done? Try powering the iPhone and Apple Watch off, and then back on. Power the phone back on first. If there are any problems with pairing, see this. Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Oct 13, 2017 1:20 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 13, 2017 1:42 PM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

No, just powering off and on. That should not affect pairing, but if it did, then I provided you with the instructions. At this point it is not necessary to reset the watch. Powering the devices off/on may be enough to take care of it.

Oct 13, 2017 1:42 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Apple recommended

Oct 13, 2017 6:15 PM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

Hi

Follow the instructions here, including contacting your carrier for assistance if necessary:

Set up and use cellular on Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) - Apple Support

Oct 13, 2017 6:15 PM

Reply Helpful

Oct 15, 2017 7:58 AM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

My watch has similar issues. I have AT&T and the watch shows connected to my plan. The watch however fails to connect to LTE a good bit of the time. Sometimes it connects with very poor service and then disconnects. I’ve reached out to Apple about this and I know what they are going to say. Unpair watch and set it up again. If the watch worked as intended it would be great. Maybe Apple needs to push out another software update because 4.0.1 didn’t help.

Oct 15, 2017 7:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 16, 2017 5:11 AM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

I'm on my 3rd replacement Series 3 watch from Apple at this point. I'm consistently getting no bars or at most half the bars that I get on my iPhone 7+. Most the time, my watch shows no connection even when I'm able to send and receive calls on my phone. I am able to make calls at my house all day long, but I can't make or receive calls on my watch at my house. It only shows no connection. When I have full bars and LTE on my phone, I will typically see 1 to 2 bars on my watch, but never more than this so far. I've driven around quite a bit on all 3 watches testing this out. It's easily duplicated and an issue on all 3 of the ones Apple has sent me. The biggest issue now is that I can't return the watch to the retailer where I bought it because the serial number doesn't match the one I purchased because Apple had me send that one back to get a replacement. My carrier is Verizon and they blamed the device.

Oct 16, 2017 5:11 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 16, 2017 5:22 AM in response to deathbyfire In response to deathbyfire

I did a hard reset on my watch and I turned off my iPhone and then turned it back on. I also turned cellular off on the watch and then back on. That seemed to help with cellular service. I still think there’s something else going on that hopefully Apple will address.

Oct 16, 2017 5:22 AM

Reply Helpful

Oct 16, 2017 5:25 AM in response to larsenault In response to larsenault

In troubleshooting with Apple and Verizon, I've reset my watches no less than 10 times now. Sometimes, I end up restoring from backup, other times I've setup as a new watch. I've even restored my phone once during this entire process. Unfortunately, none of those things seemed to improve anything on my end.

Oct 16, 2017 5:25 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: larsenault

Question: LTE connectivity issues