Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID not working for banking apps

So I just got my new iPhone 8. It has IOS 11.0.3 on it. I have three fingerprints set up to login with and it works great! But for some reason all of my banking apps think that I don’t have touchid enabled. I Compared all the settings with my old IPhone 6s (which the apps work fine on), and they appear to be the same. I removed the fingerprints and added them back, removed the apps and reinstalled them, but nothing works. If it was only one app, I’d think the issue was specific to the app...but it’s ALL my banking apps. Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere?

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 9:13 AM

I use the TD app and fixed this issue by going into profiles/settings within the app. There is a tab for Touch ID . I simply turned it on and off. The app asked for my password again and once entered, it enabled Touch ID again

6 replies

Oct 14, 2017 9:23 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for your response! Yes my banking apps both provide the option to enable Touch ID, however they both have an ‘x’ beside this option saying that Touch ID isn’t enabled in the settings...but I do have iit enabled. It’s so weird and frustrating because when I compare the settings side by side between my new phone and my 6s there is no difference. Perhaps I need to call the banks directly.

Touch ID not working for banking apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.