Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will cs4 work on high sierra

Will CS4 applications work on High Sierra ? i haven't upgraded yet so just checking the water cheers

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 11:57 AM

Adobe CS4 apps are now very old so don't expect them to be compatible.

Have a look at the screenshot below, it is from https://roaringapps.com/apps?platform=osx

Drag the screenshot from this post and onto the preview icon on your dock to get a better view.

User uploaded file

You could partition your iMacs HD and install High Sierra to the new partition and boot between the two when you want to run your CS4 apps. Also you could install High Sierra to an external drive, or move your existing OS and apps etc to it depending on which OS you want to be your primary OS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Durhamman

Adobe CS4 apps are now very old so don't expect them to be compatible.

Have a look at the screenshot below, it is from https://roaringapps.com/apps?platform=osx

Drag the screenshot from this post and onto the preview icon on your dock to get a better view.

User uploaded file

You could partition your iMacs HD and install High Sierra to the new partition and boot between the two when you want to run your CS4 apps. Also you could install High Sierra to an external drive, or move your existing OS and apps etc to it depending on which OS you want to be your primary OS.

Nov 11, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Durhamman

I upgraded, while I was in the middle of a job being done in illustrator CS4... what the heck was I thinking. CS4 apps did not work in High Sierra (I was using Sierra with few problems). I decided to go back in timemachine and to the day before when everything was ok and it crashed in the middle of the task. I tried to do it again, My HD was no longer visible. I had to take it to a mac genius bar and have them get it working again, thank goodness for extended warranty and my timemachine back up. They erased HD and put the Sierra back on and I used my timemachine back up to reinstall all my missing files. CS4 was working again.

will cs4 work on high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.