Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change that the Apple Watch mesures my heart rate every 5 minutes to have it continuously monitoring ?

How can I change that the Apple Watch mesures my heart rate every 5 minutes to have it continuously monitoring ?

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 8:24 AM

Hi

Heart rate readings can be taken manually via the Heart rate app:

Check your heart rate

It is not possible to manually configure the frequency with which Apple Watch takes background heart rate measurements.

Readings are not taken at fixed five minute intervals. They are instead taken automatically at intervals that will vary, depending on your activity level, as explained in the following support article. Readings could, for example, be taken automatically as frequently as every one, two or three minutes:

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Heart rate is automatically recorded continuously during workouts when recording them via the built-in Workout app and third-party fitness tracking apps that support the feature:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Recording heart rate continuously at other times would result in battery drain. Examples of battery life under different uses are provided here:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2017 8:24 AM in response to Fabi77

Hi

Heart rate readings can be taken manually via the Heart rate app:

Check your heart rate

It is not possible to manually configure the frequency with which Apple Watch takes background heart rate measurements.

Readings are not taken at fixed five minute intervals. They are instead taken automatically at intervals that will vary, depending on your activity level, as explained in the following support article. Readings could, for example, be taken automatically as frequently as every one, two or three minutes:

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Heart rate is automatically recorded continuously during workouts when recording them via the built-in Workout app and third-party fitness tracking apps that support the feature:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Recording heart rate continuously at other times would result in battery drain. Examples of battery life under different uses are provided here:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

If you would like to submit a feature request to Apple, then you can do so here:

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.