Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.03 Battery Life

I’m an iPhone 6s user. I updated my iPhone to iOS 11.03 before two days ago. After updating i was relized that battery was drained too fast. So could you please tell me is it a problem of this Operating system or my iPhone.

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 8:20 PM

10 replies

Oct 16, 2017 9:28 AM in response to ronfromreno

At this point, I have no other advice to offer. I have not done the iOS 11 updates, because so many people I know saying they are having the same issue, as well as complaints I've read online about this too.

What have you done to try and correct it or slow the battery drain, beyond doing the 2 newest iOS updates?

If the battery draining is still happening after the latest updates, you should contact Apple directly; it shouldn't cost you anything, since it appears to be a wide-spread problem. Also, please contact them about it here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oct 14, 2017 9:11 PM in response to Lahiruabeysinghe

It's the new iOS that's causing it. It's not the first time Apple has put out a new iOS version that drained batteries faster, though v.11.02 or v.11.03 was supposed to stop that behavior, or at least reduce the battery draining issue caused by iOS 11. There are many complaints about it all over the web. Do a web search and you'll see them, and search on this forum too.

If you added new apps, or updated currently owned apps, on your iPhone after you installed the new iOS, those could also be part of the problem. Apple did say some apps wouldn't work after updating to iOS 11, just so you are aware.

What have you done to try to fix the faster battery draining?

There are threads on this forum, and on the web, that address what to try, if you haven't done anything yet. Can't say if they work myself though, as I have not, and will not be doing the iOS update on my old 5s.

Oct 16, 2017 9:29 PM in response to Lahiruabeysinghe

I have a 6s Plus with the same issue. Everyone seems to reference apps. Well on mine there are no new apps and when the phone is just open with NO apps running I can watch the percentage of the battery drop. 75%, 40%,30%, 20% Then my phone shuts off. I have to reboot it and when it comes back on it is at 64%. Literally the only thing that has changed is the 10.3.3 to 11.03 version.

I hope they can fix this!

Oct 23, 2017 5:55 PM in response to Lahiruabeysinghe

I don't think this will help but I have a "6" - battery life literally falls in front of your eyes during use. I have wasted hours and hours with the Apple team on the phone. Not only do they not have any solutions - but they also mislead you. On agent said no problem, we will send you a replacement. Only later did I find out that they charged me. In my opinion Apple should be ashamed! I was on my way for a X - but if they are going to mess up your phone and not own up . . . well you might as well pay half the fee and buy from the other team.

Oct 28, 2017 10:37 AM in response to Lahiruabeysinghe

When we update iOS the device, iPad iPhone, needs to reindex everything. Thus while we are using our device behind the scenes the indexing is occurring, both our normal using the device and reindexing process puts added strain on the battery thus draining it fast.

Numerous reports also say after the reindexing is complete battery drain returns to normal. How long could the reindexing take, sorry I do not know, some say a day or two could be more. As for my devices after a couple of days the battery drain is the same as before updating to iOS 11.03.

YMMV

iOS 11.03 Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.