Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a HP laser jet 3030 all in one printer. After I have purchased the MacBook pro and upgraded to OS X 12.8.6 (Sierra) I am unable to scan using my laser printer 3030. I a unable to find the drivers suitable for os x 12.8.6 . Need help.

I have a HP laser jet 3030 all in one printer. After I have purchased the MacBook pro and upgraded to OS X 12.8.6 (Sierra) I am unable to scan using my laser printer 3030. I a unable to find the drivers suitable for os x 12.8.6 . Need help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 14, 2017 11:51 PM

15 replies

Oct 15, 2017 3:37 AM in response to achicnaza

The only drivers I could come across for your printer on the HP website were for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

click on the link, HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support select your OS platform, Mac OS, then select the only option which is Mac OS 9 then click change and you should see this.

click and drag the image onto the preview icon in your dock to see the image full size. Please note the date of these drivers, maybe time for a new printer.

User uploaded file

The HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for Mac OS X mentioned by Viking do not specifically list your printer the HP Laser Jet 3030, it does list the Colour Laser Jet 3000 so that is maybe the cause of the confusion. Looking back further on the Apple Support Downloads site the only HP Printer Drivers I found that listed your printer was version 1.1.1 which was released in 2008 for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. HP Printer Driver 1.1.1 You could download it and then install it and see if it works, but I am not very hopeful.

Oct 15, 2017 9:34 PM in response to achicnaza

The Mac driver support does not show scan or fax as available. I suspect that when this printer was new, there may have been some additional HP software that enabled these features in addition to print on Mac.

Eric Root is correct. Turn on your scanner, and try the Image Capture application in your /Applications folder. Help with the scanning process is from Image Capture Help:

User uploaded file

If Image Capture does not work, then don't bother looking at VueScan, as it only supports this HP LaserJet 3030 device on Windows. Do the research, and invest in a new scanner solution whose driver support permits scanning on macOS Sierra or later.

Oct 15, 2017 2:45 AM in response to achicnaza

You are using macOS 10.12.6, not 12.8.6.

Reset your printer:

1. Turn on your connected printer.
  2. System Preferences : Printers & Scanners
    1. Right-click on your specific printer in the Printers panel, and select Reset Printing System...
      1. A sheet will descend, and you will click Reset button
      2. A dialog will appear and you enter your login password
      3. The Printers display area will now be blank.
      4. Do not change the Default Printer: Last Printer Used setting
    2. Click the + symbol to add a new printer
      1. A panel will pop with your HP LaserJet 3030 device. Select your device.
      2. The emtpy fields of this panel will now populate, and it may set the Use: selector to AirPrint.
        1. Click this AirPrint selection, and the next item on that menu will likely be your HP LaserJet 3030 printer driver. Select it.
        2. Click Add.
        3. You may see a drop down sheet with some of your printers options displayed. If so, configure appropriately, and then click OK.
        4. Your Printers entry now should show your HP LaserJet 3030 with a green idle indicator.
        5. Print something.

I no longer own an HP printer, and do not use either of the following solutions.

The HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X (released Aug 2016) shows this LaserJet model is supported, but only for Printing. There is no newer macOS HP driver for this device. Print, scan, and Fax are supported by the HP Linux Imaging and Printing for several distros (including Ubuntu 17.04).

There is macOS Sierra Gutenprint support for the HP LaserJet 3030 mentioned in the 5.2.13-pre1.dmg release, but no detail on the specific functions of the device that are supported. Download page. Recommend the 5.2.12 release until 5.2.13 is out of pre-release status, or 5.3 (development in progress) final release appear for macOS.

Oct 15, 2017 6:58 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi Viking OSX,

Thank for your feedback. I follow all your instructions. Everythings is fine, I can print, but its still can not scan.

When I click to scan..he go to downdload the software in apple system we try to download then he told is an error

..Yes your are right also..in all webside I can not found the driver they release the sofware..so what can I do ? I just want to scan...I need to change my HP ?

Thank you so much..to answer me in this rest day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.