Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the charger broken?

Hello, my iPhone has died and i plug in the charger, like a normal person would, but when the phone turns on, the charger stops working automatically. I've tried using different sockets, plugs and tried to wiggle the charger little but nothing works.

Can someone please tell me what's happened?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 10:34 AM

Connect your phone to the charger and leave it charging for at least four hours, or better yet overnight, without interruptions or checking the screen.

Complete discharge is not very healthy for batteries, especially older ones. Your issue may not be with the charger, but with the battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2017 10:34 AM in response to Community User

Connect your phone to the charger and leave it charging for at least four hours, or better yet overnight, without interruptions or checking the screen.

Complete discharge is not very healthy for batteries, especially older ones. Your issue may not be with the charger, but with the battery.

Is the charger broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.