Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

plugin's preset arrangements

in Logic Pro on High Sierra, every plugins using /library/audio/presets for presets has sorting problem.

they aren't arranged by name and messed up randomly.

same on other daw tools, too.

same with vst and aax plugins.

so it seems to be an os level issue.

is there any solution for this?

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 12:12 PM

12 replies

Nov 12, 2017 4:42 AM in response to Frankie_b86

The plug-in frame has a lot of functionality. One is to access plug-in settings.

Some 3rd party developers use the designated Audio > Preset folder to store their presets.

Here's an example:

User uploaded file

Others use their own system on the plug-in UI.

This is the one that gets returned by hash instead of by dictionary order, unless you change the way the plug-in access the file system.

I believe it's the developer of the plug-ins/frameworks that are responsible for retrieving this information correctly.

Try contacting the developers and see what they have to say about it.

Oct 16, 2017 1:36 PM in response to yue from the moon

In Logic/ Preferences/ Plug-In Manager, the Left-most area allows for rebuilding folders and assigning which plugins are in those folders when clicking on the "AudioFX" area of any channel strip.

If you click on one of those folder in that Left-most area, at the top of the Plug-In Manager window, there are tabs to have them line up alphabetically by Name, Manufacturer, etc.

Nov 12, 2017 10:49 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

Yes, you have to contact Apple to put some pressure on this issue.

It is a known issue (oversight) that, I'm sure, they must be aware of.

This happens also in other areas in Logic, for example, Custom Icons.

The problem is that in previous file systems, the system itself returned any file list in sorted order, so the app, didn't have to the sorting when it receives the list. The new APFS file system in HighSierra doesn't do that anymore (as Cuauhemoc pointed out). That means the Logic team has to update their code to now do the sorting on the receiving side inside Logic.

This is a perfect example why you always have to wait a month or two before upgrading an app or system if you have mission critical issues like that (THere are also other even more annoying issues with HighSierra and Symlinks).

Downgrading an OS is no fun, especially if you don't have a cloned backup.

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

plugin's preset arrangements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.