Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backlight Bleeding,is it normal or not?

Hi everyone, I bought 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro.I have noticed that when I watch videos with dark backgrounds,on the corners of the screen, and if I look from some angles I can see purple-pink lights too. From true angle possible to see the whole screen purple. Compared with MacBook Pro 2016 13 inch and you can see 13 inch display not like that. 13 inch display same color from every angles.

if you guys compare with your own 15inch 2016-2017 MacBook Pro and please let me know what you see.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), iOS 11.0.3, Backlight Bleeding

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2017 9:49 AM

I have the same problem. This is not a rare problem. most people replaces their Laptops 3 or 4 times and still same. People had this problem with 2016 touchbar models, and reported. Apple knew the issue. After a long period apple announced 2017 models the problem is still same. What did apple do to solve this problem??? i have been waiting to but a new MacBook Pro for 3 years and paid 3 times of my salary. Here is the result below. Thanks apple great machine

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2017 9:49 AM in response to Leanne_68

I have the same problem. This is not a rare problem. most people replaces their Laptops 3 or 4 times and still same. People had this problem with 2016 touchbar models, and reported. Apple knew the issue. After a long period apple announced 2017 models the problem is still same. What did apple do to solve this problem??? i have been waiting to but a new MacBook Pro for 3 years and paid 3 times of my salary. Here is the result below. Thanks apple great machine

User uploaded file

Oct 16, 2017 1:37 PM in response to Burispeggen

Hello Burispeggen,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with the display on your MacBook Pro. To help resolve this issue, please contact Apple or your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Contact Apple Support
Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector

Cheers!

Backlight Bleeding,is it normal or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.