Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application folder empty

Does anyone know why I would be seeing an empty application folder when I navigate to it in the finder?

When I use launchpad I can see the applications but when I click on the finder and navigate to Applications its empty.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2017 11:31 PM

Well I used to be able to just click in the finder Applications and all my apps were there. But when I clicked tonight they were not. Also i installed over my previous OS.

But when I did a search on my system I noticed there are different applications folders and found the one I needed. This is strange because I never moved the folder. It was always there. Thanks for the help both of you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2017 11:31 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Well I used to be able to just click in the finder Applications and all my apps were there. But when I clicked tonight they were not. Also i installed over my previous OS.

But when I did a search on my system I noticed there are different applications folders and found the one I needed. This is strange because I never moved the folder. It was always there. Thanks for the help both of you.

Oct 15, 2017 11:22 PM in response to Derrick C

Where is this Applications folder? Is your install of High Sierra a new/ clean install or did you install it over an older version of Mac OS X?

In previous versions of Mac OS X there was an Applications folder placed in the Users/ Home folder, this was by default empty and would only be populated if you specifically wanted an app downloaded to be used only by that particular user. The apps you see in Launchpad are in the main Applications folder at root level.

Application folder empty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.