Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

handwritten messages to Android users in iOS 11 feature removed?

Hello.

Since I updated my phone to iOS 11.0.3 I can no longer send handwritten messages to my Android friends. When this launched in iOS 10 we all got together to see how they looked on all devices. It was my favorite feature. After the update I am only able to send handwritten messages to other iPhones.

Apple Senior Advisor and Apple Genius reproduced the problem.

Any one else?

Thanks,

Hholl

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.3

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 1:39 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2017 1:43 PM in response to pinkapplemac

I only have one friend that has an Android device. Everyone else has an iPhone. I just tested this on my iPhone 7 with iOS 11.0.3, and it fails to send right away. Attempts to resend it never seem to go through. I had never used it before, so I can't say, but since you say you used it before, I have no reason to doubt you. Since you discussed it with Apple, they are aware. Not sure why it would stop, but only Apple could answer that. I wouldn't say that it was intentionally removed, it may be a bug, and they can correct it. We will have to see, unless Apple contacts you with additional information.

Oct 16, 2017 2:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you for trying. 🙂 Appreciated. Yep - said "goodnight" handwritten to my Android using sister every night.

They did say they'd write a ticket as most people actually assumed it didn't work for Android or like yourself, had mostly iPhone pals. My two besties are Androids and I do hope it comes back. I can send all the apps for iMessage to them (gifs and the like) but not the handwritten notes. It really personalized messages for me!

Thanks. If I hear more, I will post!

handwritten messages to Android users in iOS 11 feature removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.