Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Mailbox file size limit

This is new to me: with High Sierra I am not able to export .mbox file larger than 2.15Gb. My Inbox is 2.9Gb, when I export it, the .mbox file size is always 2.15Gb!!! And if I import this 2.15Gb file, hundreds e-mails are missing from my original Inbox.

I also tried to export the .mbox to FAT32 or ExFat or any other format... same result.

This used to be an easy task... now... High Sierra!

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 6:21 PM

20 replies

Jan 23, 2018 12:00 PM in response to Sinetempore

I have a inbox that is larger than that.

However ,I am dealing with a different bug. The exported .mbox doesn't include any attachments that are attached to my email. So the result is a big mailbox down to a small one with lots of information (in the form of attachments, missing). I haven't even cross referenced it yet to see if it includes all the messages.

I brought it up over on this thread on the Community forum.

Attachments missing from Mailbox Export - mbox file

I contacted support and they definitely think my issue is a bug so I'm waiting for a call from Engineer support to get them more practical details.

Oct 17, 2017 4:08 PM in response to Sinetempore

Hmmm, this is new to me. I don't have a folder large enough to test so can't verify one way or another. Microsoft Outlook uses this limited file size, but Mail has always been unlimited before.

There is an alternative third party product EmailChemy that can export your data as a real .mbox not an Apple .mbox that is unlimited. You can try the demo first. The demo puts a watermark on the messages. If you like it, you will have to run again after purchasing so there is no watermark.

Emailchemy $29.95

http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/

Jan 4, 2018 11:27 AM in response to ivanmenendez

Apple seems to forget the basic functionalities in its software! No experts, no support seem to care about all this! It's about downgrading and lack of testing!
Hope within the next months or years somebody from apple discovers and cares about this bug. There seem to be alos a lot of other bugs around the mail-program.

I am not aware of any limit, it would not make any sense.

In my case it is a problem around the storage-management which blocks at the end the Mail-Program.

Felix

Export Mailbox file size limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.