Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't check the warranty coverage of my Air 2016. Pls help!

Bought an Air MMGF2 on Oct15,2017 (in Vietnam). It's brand new. I can't check the warranty coverage. Entered purchase date but the check coverage.apple.com said We're unable to complete request at this time, pls try again later. Tried many times but still failed! pls help me. What should I do?

MacBook Air, null

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 7:50 PM

7 replies

Oct 20, 2017 8:29 PM in response to babowa

Tks for ur reply. Yes MBA MMGF2 is 2016 version. I bought it from a normal store but according to information on the box, this MBA is imported by Apple Vietnam. Everything is fine. I checked all of things that should be checked. It was not activated when I bought it. The only problem that I cannot check on check coverage.apple.com. I tried again today, still failed. Any suggestion?

Oct 20, 2017 8:51 PM in response to rachelbao

Apple starts the warranty coverage when it sells/ships the computer to the third party seller. So, since this is a 2016 unit, the warranty may have expired if it was shipped more than a year ago. If you bought it from an authorized reseller, you can try to contact Apple and send them your purchase receipt and serial number and tell them that you just purchased it.

Oct 20, 2017 9:59 PM in response to rachelbao

If it was manufactured this year, you will still need to contact Apple with your purchase receipt and ask them to start the warranty coverage on the day you purchased it. But, I believe, you must have purchased it from an authorized reseller - not 100% sure, but you need to contact Apple anyway. If it was purchased somewhere other than an authorized reseller, I do not know their policies - you need to check with Apple on that as well.

And yes, Apple does start the coverage when the unit is shipped to a reseller - there is no way Apple could know when it would be sold. It could potentially sit at the reseller for a year (I bought one once that was more than a year old) - they did change the date sold to the day I bought it.

I can't check the warranty coverage of my Air 2016. Pls help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.